7.6

2014 BMW X5 engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2014 BMW X5:

2014 BMW X5 Owner Comments

Aug 252014

X5

Floor mats (factory installed) have an adhesive velcro on the underside to attach to the floor of the vehicle. In the heat the adhesive holding the velcro becomes unattached allowing the floor-mat to shift forward and depress the accelerator.

- La Jolla, CA, USA

Sep 072014

X5

Pedestrian (daytime) warning and avoidance system activated spontaneously on an empty street - there was no pedestrian in sight and no car in front of me. The car automatically suddenly brake violently and a truck right behind me almost hit me. I feel this is a serious safety issue as it has potential for a serious accident if this were to happen again in a more crowded street. It is disconcerting to drive a car that may suddenly brake without warning!

- Providence, RI, USA