2011 BMW Z4 brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2011 BMW Z4:

2011 BMW Z4 Owner Comments

Jul 112014

The incident occurred in auburn, ca. We had just finished lunch and were planning to head home. I placed my foot on the brake pedal to start the car and we heard a distinct popping noise. As I engaged the transmission and started to move forward I immediately realized the BMW had lost its braking ability. I was able to slow the car and re-park the vehicle. We had the vehicle flat bedded back to the dealership in sacramento, ca. The dealer took a week to repair it and when I retrieved the car the repair representative told me that the power assist and master cylinder had failed and been replaced. Recently I checked the internet for other similar incidents with bmws and found that BMW has been doing a "voluntary" recall on 2012S and 2013S. BMW has not yet issued a recall for 2011 models to my knowledge. I feel strongly that the NHTSA should require BMW to immediately initiate a mandatory recall on all bmws that have a similar braking system. If we had been traveling at speed there would most likely have been an accident and possible injury. If it had been on the freeway at highway speed we hate to think what might have happened. These vehicles are unsafe and should be removed from the road as soon as possible.

- Sacramento, CA, USA

Aug 012013

The contact owns a 2011 BMW Z4. The contact stated that while driving 30 mph, the vehicle began to shake violently. The contact applied the brakes but the vehicle did not decelerate. The contact maneuvered the vehicle to crash into a curb in order to get it to stop. The contact was not injured. The vehicle was towed to a dealer for diagnosis but the contact was not informed of what caused the shaking or braking failure. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The vehicle was repaired. The failure and current mileage was 33,000.

- Yonkers, NY, USA