2009 Buick Enclave seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2009 Buick Enclave:

2009 Buick Enclave Owner Comments

Feb 272016

My service air bag light came on for no apparent reason, after my friend and I re-entered the vehicle while on a day outing. I believe it to be for the passenger seat, because the passenger air bag dash light will not illuminate to on when a passenger is seated in it. Worried that it may be for the whole air bag system. When I called my dealership after reading about the recall, there response was unfortunately your car is not covered. I don't understand why? they said the same thing when the power steering pump went out on it & I paid separate for a diagnostics, which they sent me down the road, which is 125 miles one way from the dealership. Only to return a week later and have is replaced.

- Seward, AK, USA

Jul 172014

Enclave 6-cyl

We have a recall 14187 from Buick. This recall has been in effect for few month. We have contacted our dealer jones motor in savannah, tn. They have been unable to get the parts from Buick to repair our car.

- Decaturville, TN, USA

Mar 112014

The contact owns a 2009 Buick Enclave. The contact received NHTSA campaign id number: 14V118000 (air bag). The contact stated that the part was unavailable as a result the remedy was unable to be performed. The manufacturer issued a notification letter stating that the part was available however, the dealer did not have parts available to perform the remedy. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- Cincinatii, OH, USA

Aug 162009

Got into a major accident two cars ran into my vehicle and everyone was injured and the air bags did not come on to prevent that. I have insurance and police report that states this.

- Beaumont, CA, USA

Jan 012010

The contact owns a 2009 Buick Enclave. The contact stated that the service air bag light remained illuminated. The vehicle was taken to an authorized dealer on numerous occasions, where the air bag sensor was replaced several times. The failure continued. The failure mileage was 40,000 and the current mileage 53,000.

- Corpus Cristi, TX, USA