- May 19: GM To Offer Compensation For Overstating Fuel Economy news | 8 days ago
- May 16: GM Says Popular SUVs Have Wrong Window Stickers news | 11 days ago
- March 10: General Motors Recalls 7 Models of Cars and Trucks recalls | 78 days ago
2008 Buick Enclave
Problems & Complaints
CarComplaints.com Notes: Buying the first model year of any vehicle is rarely a good idea. You become a guinea pig for the automaker and they are really not nice to guinea pigs.
The 2008 Enclave has a wide enough range of problems to issue a warning. There's transmission failure under 90k miles, new power steering units costing over $1,300, and enough engine complaints to NHTSA to scare anyone away.
Worst 2008 Enclave Problems by Category
Click on a category below for details. Help?
- transmission problems96NHTSA complaints: 11
- steering problems26NHTSA complaints: 77
- engine problems20NHTSA complaints: 64
- interior accessories problems13NHTSA complaints: 11
- AC / heater problems8
- windows / windshield problems6NHTSA complaints: 8
- electrical problems5NHTSA complaints: 42
- body / paint problems4NHTSA complaints: 50
- cooling system problems3NHTSA complaints: 1
- miscellaneous problems2NHTSA complaints: 13
- brakes problems1NHTSA complaints: 22
- seat belts / air bags problems1NHTSA complaints: 73
- suspension problems1NHTSA complaints: 5
- wheels / hubs problems1NHTSA complaints: 5
- drivetrain problemsNHTSA: 93
- exterior accessories problemsNHTSA: 17
- fuel system problemsNHTSA: 6
- lights problemsNHTSA: 2
Stay Up to Date
Compare Buick Enclave Model Years
Curious how the 2008 Enclave compares to other years?
Check out our Buick Enclave overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Enclave.