- May 13: GM ARC Exploding Airbag Recall Affects 1 Million Vehicles recalls | 27 days ago
- May 10: GM PCV Lawsuit Sees Several Claims Dismissed news | 30 days ago
- March 22: OnStar Sued Over Death of Mary Ann Elvington news | 79 days ago
2008 Buick Enclave (Page 1 of 6)
This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Buick dealer.
CarComplaints.com Notes: Buying the first model year of any vehicle is rarely a good idea. You become a guinea pig for the automaker and they are really not nice to guinea pigs.
The 2008 Enclave has a wide enough range of problems to issue a warning. There's transmission failure under 90k miles, new power steering units costing over $1,300, and enough engine complaints to NHTSA to scare anyone away.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 92,050 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 107 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- replace transmission (52 reports)
- not sure (26 reports)
- repair to transmission (6 reports)
- replace (6 reports)
- rebuilt transmission (5 reports)
- replace wave plate and fluid pump (5 reports)
- No one has added a helpful site for this 2008 Enclave problem yet. Be the first!
A D V E R T I S E M E N T S
We'd only had the vehicle a year. Started with the transmission slipping. This went on for about a month and then that was all she wrote. A week of uphill battles where the rpm's would hit the 3-5,000 range and stay. Downhill, transmission would get stuck and we'd have to tap the brakes to help it out. Took it to the mechanic and the transmission locked right there in the parking lot. With labor, a brand new transmission cost $4200.
- Elizabeth M., Burns, TN, US