9.0

$3,293.00

1. replace transmission (20 reports)
  3. replace (4 reports)
  4. repair to transmission (3 reports)
  5. replace wave plate and fluid pump (3 reports)
  6. rebuilt transmission (1 reports)
2008 Buick Enclave transmission problems

transmission problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2008 Buick Enclave:

2008 Buick Enclave Owner Comments (Page 1 of 3)

May 122014

Enclave CXL V6

Car wouldn't go out of first gear, had transmission flushed, it went for 1 day and they said it was transmission which would cost about $3600/$4000. I came online to see if anyone else or recall and I found this site with all the same problems.

I emailed Buick because I cannot afford car note and a $4000 repair bill and asked why has this car not been recalled with transmission and water leaks? They said it's not on recall list. I told them I know this, I want to know why? They don't have that information. So why call me with it's not on recall list? I asked where do I call or email? They don't have that information.

So I guess I'm going to have a repossession on my credit report. They can come get it. Will not buy another Buick or GM.

- , Saint Louis, MO, USA

May 212014

Enclave V6

i was driving in a school zone 30km/h and when i got out all of a sudden my RPM goes up but no power to the vehicle as i pushed the gas. I pull over get out the car nothing seems to be wrong, Then my check engine light comes on as i put my car in reverse it doesn't go i put it in drive it doesn't go over 30km if i was on the highway or something along those lines this could of been very dangerous. I am told that i have to get the transmission replaced and this could cost roughly $5000. This is a manufacture issue and i feel they should cover the cost i never push the car hard only drive to work and back home which is less then a 10 minute drive. Please let me know how i can get a reimbursement. Would GM even help me? I read that they reimbursed a few people and other people have no luck.. which isn't really fair at all.

- , Surrey, B.C, canada

Enclave CXL 3.2L V6

The reverse brake plate went out on my transmission june 24th, 2014. I have 104,200 miles on it. I am amazed that I made it that many miles after talking to the mechanic at the transmission shop. He had 3 other vehicles in his shop with that same transmission. I have always bought GM products but have come to realize that quality is a big issue with this company!! I will be taking my business else where.

- , Eaton Rapids, MI, USA

Enclave CXL 3.2L V6

- , Eaton Rapids, MI, USA

Jun 252014

Enclave

Just bought the vehicle, felt ripped off after buying the vehicle. Dealer lied about malfunctions with the car. Then the car stopped on the highway. Could not get it to move, had my children in the back and we were on a two lane highway. Luckily it started back up enough to get it off the highway. Now the dealer says they won't cover the cost because it does not involve the warranty.

- , Colby, Kansas, USA

Jun 232014

Enclave CXL

I've had most every problem that I have seen listed for this model year with the transmission being the worst (so far) - but I'm not going to give it any more chances: we are getting rid of this car. Been to dealer about a dozen times: water pump, leaking sunroof, AC issues, loose dash trim, rear window defroster or similar recall, navigation issues with DVD (no inexpensive upgrades).

These were rushed out to sell without regard to the public. It was all about saving Government Motors. I helped to bail out GM and this is how they treat their customers. All I can do is to never buy another GM product and discourage anyone else from doing so.

- , Tyler, TX, USA

May 152013

Enclave

The transmission failed when it was 10,000 miles under and 2 months over its warranty. I yelled at GM and it cost me $500 for the $3,800 repair. The problem was the wave plate. It would not go into reverse and would not shift above second gear. The same thing happened a year later and they said it was something else wrong with the transmission and it is not covered under the original repair.

This 2008 Enclave transmission is terrible on the highway and around town. It shifts gears more frequently than other cars.

The power steering is also a problem. It always has a whining sound to it. Repairs have been done a few times.

- , Amherst, NH, USA

Enclave CX V6

I purchased my Enclave in 2010 with approx 40k miles. The car has been serviced regularly and has been running as intended with the exception of the known issue of the steering wheel humming noise when turning.

I tried to accelerate after stopping at a red light and the rpms went extremely high and the car was barely moving. Luckily the situation I was in allowed me to pulled right into a residential neighborhood. AAA towed the car to the Buick dealership service center in Irvine, Ca. Fladeboe GMC Buick Service on Auto Center Drive. Diagnostic results show wave plate TCM, and the service consultant advised that I need a new transmission. My warranty ran out the end of 2012, but I didn't expect to be replacing a transmission at 80,001 miles! They gave me the cost which included $120/ hr labor.

I was reviewing the web during the waiting period and found many complaints for this same issue for the 08 Enclave. I explained to the consultant what I found and he indicated he sees it a lot, but there is no help he can give. I authorized the work and advised I would be calling GM. He advised against calling and says you will get nowhere. I called GM later and they will talk with service center and said there was a 75% probability that I could get 30% off my bill. They returned my call today and said they could only get the labor charge down to $100 Per hr. $240 savings, a whooping .07% off I believe.

I'm so frustrated right now! But luckily, I'm able to finance the cost. A bill like this on my income is a real hurt piece, but I need my car. I see GM on the news constantly these days with recalls and believe this issue should be considered. Is there anyone else I can talk to about moving this along? This is my first time blogging like this, but I needed somewhere to vent, and this worked fairly well. Thanks for reading... Don

- , Dana Point, CA, USA

Oct 122011

Enclave CXL V6

I cannot gripe too much about this one. It was a pain in the ass, but they fixed it for free.

- , Guntersville, AL, USA

Apr 282014

Enclave CXL 3.6L V6

I have a 2008 Buick Enclave CXL, 73200 miles suddenly can not shift to Reverse. The next day check engine light was on, the car can not speed over 40 ml/hrs and noise. After towed to dealer the service agent told me transmission wave plate broken. The cost of rebuild $3800 and replace new transmission $4009. My car was out of warranty, I paid $ 4009 to replaced new transmission. I just sent letter to Buick Corporation to complaint this problem ask for reimbursement , I'm wonder why wouldn't Buick or GM not recall this problem. If your car had same problem please call the NHTSA and GM to complaint. Please let me know how to request for reimbursement. Thank you, hellomyhuy88@yahoo.com

Buick: 1-800-521-7300 National Highway Traffic Safety Administration Vehicle Safety Hotline: 1-888-327-4236

- , San Jose, CA, USA

Apr 282014

- , San Jose, CA, USA

Apr 252014

Enclave

I was driving home with my 6 year old daughter on Friday when my 2008 Buick Enclave (78,000 miles) would not accelerate over 20 miles an hour. We were on a highway and thankfully made it home okay.

After reading all of the comments on this site I am incredibly unhappy and apprehensive about talking with the dealership and/or GM on Monday. This is clearly an issue that should be addressed and unfair to those of us who thought we were purchasing a quality/reliable vehicle. My warranty expired in 2012 so I'm out of luck there. My husband and I purchased this vehicle in 2010 with 28,000 miles. We wanted a reliable vehicle that was family friendly for our two young daughters as he battled stage IV cancer and we knew we would be spending a lot of time driving to and from the hospital.

Sadly he lost his battle 8 months later and would be mortified that his wife and daughters are in this situation as the only reason we bought this car was that we wanted something trustworthy. Shame on you GM!

- , Polk City, Iowa, USA

Apr 042014

Enclave LX V6

Extremely disappointed with Buick. Will never buy GM again. Transmission went out within 24 hrs of first noticing problem. Shame on Buick

- , Omaha, NE, USA

Feb 262014

Enclave CXL 3.6L Vd Dohc

After doing some research on this Wave Plate and transmission failure in my 2008 Enclave. I found that LOTS of people have had the same problem. If that is the case then why did I have to pay to get it fixed. GM NEEDS TO RECALL!!! I will NOT buy another GM product again.

I loved my Enclave up until now, despite all the other recalls and the problems I have had with the service department getting things fixed. QUIT BEING LAZY GM and BUILD QUALITY CARS! Really considering contacting a lawyer and starting a class action suit to have GM pay for this. It may have only cost me $1700 to fix (that was because we were able to convince the dealership to pay for half) It was $1700 that I didn't have to spend on fixing something that was obviously faultily made and needs to be fixed by the car manufacturer.

We have been long time GM owners, my husband owns a GM truck and has had it for years. It has over 100,000 miles on it and still going strong. But not anymore, when the truck is done, we are done.

- , Wagoner, OK, USA

Feb 032014

Enclave CXL 3.6L V6

After having the transmission rebuilt for an out of pocket cost of $3800 almost a year ago, it has failed again. Fortunately this time it was covered under the repair warranty from the dealer (1 year or 12000 miles). The car would shudder around 30, 40, 50 miles as the transmission would change gears.

- , Scottsdale, AZ, USA

Feb 282013

Enclave CXL 3.6L V6

3 weeks after the Power Train Warranty expired the transmission went out on our Enclave. GM agreed to cover parts on the repair (after I complained extensively to my Buick dealer). The dealer then proceeded to REBUILD the transmission instead of replacing it with a new one ($3800 out of my pocket for labor charges).

- , Scottsdale, AZ, USA

Mar 182013

Enclave CXL

Bought this car used at 38000 miles. One year later I went out of town with my two young daughters. The car started acting up on the return trip and I barely made it back home. The following day I was able to drive to the dealership at 20 mph because the car would not leave first gear nor would it go in reverse. Seems at 56442 miles the transmission was caput. Wave plate was damaged and repairs had to be done to transmission.

I was unhappy as the car was now out of warranty, but dealer said he would make it good. Still charged me labor and get this, a $583.94 warranty deductible? Total charge was $851.49 for a car that was just over 50000 miles. GM knows about this problem by the way. Looks like I paid for it nonetheless.

Strike 3 against my Enclave.

- , Murfreesboro, TN, USA

Jun 142013

Enclave EX

On vacation again. This time in Myrtle Beach SC. Transmission just quit. Had to be hauled 60 miles to Florence SC. Family had to take a $70 taxi cab ride. I had to drive 60 miles to go pick them up and bring them home. Had to go back the next Friday to pick car up and pay $3300 to have it fixed just so I could give the thing away at a Toyota dealership. Had local dealer perform maintenance the week before so I wouldn't worry about family leaving without me. Assured me it was fine. No problems.

Probably last Government Motors vehicle I'll own.

- , Lancaster, SC, USA

Mar 252014

Enclave LX 3.2L V6

GM is ripping off their customers. I had the wave plate fixed in 2012 after it broke. Now the damn thing needs two TFP switches and the control module replaced. They should fix all transmission issues free of charge. I drove my Camry past 200000 miles and not one single transmission issue. GM you owe me and I have one day to decide whether to fix it first or try and sell it as is.

- , Detroit, MI, USA

Mar 102014

Enclave CX 3.6L

This is my wifes Enclave and we have owned it for three to four years and have had nothing but problems. First the damn airbag sensor won't stop going off, everytime someone in the passenger seat moves. The sensor holder was recalled but the sensor itself was not therefore in order to fix it that cost would be $800 dollars. The waterpump has gone out of it and the steering column has gone out of it. We have spent thousands to fix these items. Last week we payed this POS off and now the transmission just went out. We did buy a warranty but of course it expired two months ago so we are screwed! It will be going to the shop early next week so we will find out then what that cost will be, but I'm sure it will be thousands! I am a die hard gm fan as I own three of them currently and have owned over 15 of them through the years. This will be the last one I own. They all seem to be made out of inferior products and GM don't stand behind their products. The public has started calling them Government Motors after their bailout and I think they got some of their management from our failing govt. since they are sinking!

- , Reed City, MI, USA