2010 Buick Enclave electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2010 Buick Enclave:

2010 Buick Enclave Owner Comments

Jan 042016

2010 Buick Enclave. Consumer writes in regards to vehicle brake system, electrical and mechanical issues. The consumer stated shortly after he purchased the vehicle, he discovered the brake lining needed to be replaced, the rear lift gate opened on its own. Also, the instrument panel was inoperative.

- Waukesha, WI, USA

Aug 152014

The contact owns a 2010 Buick Enclave. The contact stated while driving 40 mph, the vehicle stalled without warning. The vehicle was towed to the dealer. The technician diagnosed that the ground wires from the 02 sensor had shortened out. In addition, the contact mentioned that the vehicle had exhibited problems with the transmission failing to shift out of third gear, the steering gear was leaking, the rear brake pad and springs had to be replaced and the engine light continuously stayed illuminated. The vehicle was repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The failure and current mileage was 35,000.

- Rochester, MI, USA

Jun 102014

Enclave 6-cyl

The power steering on my 2010 Buick Enclave stopped working slowly. I was almost unable to turn the steering wheel at all. Not only was the power steering a problem, but the "service airbag" light had been on for a couple of months. I took the car to a local dealership's service dept & told the service rep that my power steering was not working. I also asked the airbag recall be done on my car. The service rep advised me there were 2 recalls required, but the second if the 2 required she order parts. I left the car, a diagnostic was done ($119.50) & I was told the power steering pump & steering rack would cost approximately $2,000. I had the car towed to a repair shop I have used for years and who I trust. This repair shop replaced the power steering pump, cleaned metal out of the system & filled the system in power steering fluid ($724). I picked the car up & it seemed ok. Within a couple of days, the power steering failed again. This time the car had dumped power steering fluid. I had the car towed back to the same repair shop. They repaired the burst line & I picked up the car, which drove as it had before the problems began. I parked my car in my driveway with the front of the car below the rear of the car on a downward incline. The next morning, the car would not start. I called aaa and paid $90 to have the car towed again. The car was towed on a flatbed and when it arrived at the shop, it started immediately. I told the repair shop rep to park the car as I had, on an incline with the front lowered, overnight. He did & it would not start the next morning. He told me he rolled the car off of the incline & it started promptly. He suggested I take the car back to the dealer for the 2nd recall. I picked the car up and drove it for 2 days. It sounded bad, the steering stuck & the steering started making loud grinding noises & it smelled like something burning.

- Raleigh, NC, USA

Jan 102013

The instrument cluster failed. It ceased operating. As well, the emergency flashers ceased working. There needs to be carefully designed redundancy for the emergency flashers with rechargeable backup battery.

- Flemington, NJ, USA

Sep 212011

Enclave 6-cyl

I have noticed that my brake lights do not come on unless the key is in the ignition and toward the run position. I went to my dealer and was told that is how they are made now. I guess I am wondering why and also if this is true. The service writer did take my to another Enclave and it is just like mine--the brake light does not go on if the key in not in the run position.

- Liverpool, NY, USA

Apr 132010

Enclave 6-cyl

The buttons on my universal remote system on my 2010 Buick Enclave are not illuminated with led lights, thus making them nearly impossible to locate in the dark, so that I can open or close my garage door. Prior to 2010 the universal remote system vendor for General Motors was, and their control buttons were illuminated with led lights, which made them real easy to see. Then in 2010/2011 General Motors changed vendors to program, and the three buttons on my universal remote system are no longer illuminated, making them not only extremely hard to find but I consider them a safety hazard. I'm so concerned, that I have discontinued using my universal remote system and gone back to my old garage door opener. General Motors probably saved a few bucks on each universal remote system, but at the same time they created a real hazard. I surely would appreciate your investigating this hazardous short coming. Thank you

- Lake Odessa, MI, USA