2011 Buick Enclave wheels / hubs problems

wheels / hubs problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2011 Buick Enclave:

2011 Buick Enclave Owner Comments

Jul 032013

Enclave 6-cyl

At approximately 18000 miles I noticed that my Michelin tires had small cracks in them. Since they were not worrisome at that time, I just decided to keep an eye on my tires, for bulges or larger cracks. I recently had my tires replaced, less than 40000 miles on them because I was getting ready to go on a road trip and didn't want to take the chance. My tires were heavily cracked and one was losing air daily. I first contacted GM directly (prior to replacing the tires) to see if they were under warranty or known defective/recall items. When I spoke to the dealer about the tires being defective, they insisted the tires were not defective, that Michelin adds silica to their tires in the manufacturing process and the silica addition does not do well in hot/dry climates. They indicated that because Michelin does add silica on purpose the tires are not defective. My argument is that the tires are defective if they do not maintain their integrity in all climates. My Buick dealership did not honor the Buick warranty. Ref NHTSA id number 10543165, as I am not the only customer with the problem and tire integrity is a very important safety feature on vehicles. This needs to be investigated and a recall issued. I replaced my tires with Goodyear tires at just under $900. On a $50,000 car, having to replace tires before 3 years / 40,000 miles is unacceptable. Just in case GM looks at these complaints. You have lost a loyal customer. I've bought 6 brand new GM cars and one slightly used GM car. Half of those cars have had problems, why I have remained a loyal customer, who knows...

- Las Vegas, NV, USA