NHTSA — Electrical System Problems

2006 Buick LaCrosse (Page 4 of 4)

2006 Buick LaCrosse electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2006 Buick LaCrosse:

2006 Buick LaCrosse Owner Comments (Page 4 of 4)

Feb 092013

LaCrosse 6-cyl

Low beam headlights do not work. Lights worked fine, parked the car in the garage, lights stayed on delay mode and both were fine. Driving home the next night, several oncoming vehicles flashed lights, I pulled into a parking lot to check my lights... no low beam lights. Switched from auto to manual mode, still no low beam lights, high beam lights work fine. I have read that several others have this same problem. Nobody seems to have a solution. I do not feel I should need to pay the dealer to 'analyze the problem' and charge an outrageous price to fix this. This is a definite safety issue! updated 09/10/13

- Green Bay , WI, USA

Oct 262012

LaCrosse 6-cyl

While driving on a three lane highway, the 2006 Lacrosse engine stopped. I was able to cross two lanes and park on the shoulder. Towed to a mechanic and he spent 1/2 hour looking for problem. Tested and no codes. Moved the connection at the distributor module and the problem was solved. Tried to make it fail again by moving, unplug and plugging the connection. I drove home and it has not happened again.

- Normal, IL, USA

Sep 112009

LaCrosse

I have had problems with my ABS and traction control, I contacted GM on the matter and they told me they dont cover the braking system, I do consider this to be a safety hasserd, as my brake pedal jumps when I apply the brakes, id like to get satisfaction on this issue.

- Galion, OH, USA

May 292012

LaCrosse 6-cyl

I am an owner of a 2006 Buick Lacrosse cx, with approx. 47,000 miles. As I entered the underground parking garage, at work, Tuesday morning, I discovered I had no low beams. The high beams and parking lights both worked. I took the car to a very reputable dealer to diagnose. I was told that it was a good thing I got the car there when I did. (I could've had a fire under the hood)...the technician said that the fuse box, against the firewall, under the hood, had melted. This could have been a very dangerous situation, a.E., driving at 65 mph at night, a fire, etc...

- Pittsburgh, PA, USA

Nov 192010

LaCrosse 6-cyl

Dash message lighting blanks out sporadically or goes very dim during day light hours.

- Butler, PA, USA

Sep 022008

LaCrosse 6-cyl

Dash lights will not come on when starting the car. This happens on occasion (about 2 times per month). It is impossible to determine when this happens. The dash lights may come on from five minutes to an hour after the car is started. This mostly happens when the car is first started. On several occasions it has done out while driving. GM has offered a diagnoses of the problem but this would only be beneficial if they were off and stayed off when I would go to a dealer. I have tried this any the lights always come back on before I arrive. My neighbor has a Buick the same year as mine and his does the same thing. The dealer refuses to find the problem and says it is suppose to work that way. They are wrong on this problem. When the lights go out you can not see anything in the dash lighted area.

- Butler, PA, USA

Jun 132008

LaCrosse 6-cyl

The contact owns a 2006 Buick Lacrosse. While turning the vehicle at 10 mph, the headlights dimmed when the turn signals were engaged. The contact did not know if the rest of the exterior lights also failed. He waited approximately 15-20 seconds before the headlights illuminated again. He turned the vehicle again and the headlights failed. The contact pulled the vehicle over and waited once more for the lights to illuminate. Once the lights activated again, he drove all the way home without using his turn signals. He took the vehicle to the dealer and they attempted to repair the vehicle, but was unsuccessful. There had been no other occurrences since the recent failure. The current mileage was approximately 16,600 and failure mileage was approximately 16,400. Updated 07/09/08

- Springfield , IL, USA