2009 Buick LaCrosse electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2009 Buick LaCrosse:

2009 Buick LaCrosse Owner Comments (Page 2 of 2)

Nov 032009

LaCrosse 6-cyl

Multiple times since purchase air bag indicator has either blinked, has been constantly on or hasn't been on at all. Instrument panel display, ie: Mileage indicator, temperature display, trip indicator hasn't worked on occasion, radio and/or interior temperature display doesn't come on until you drive for five to forty five minutes. Door locks have actuated either up or down while driving. Remote door locks either don't work at all or one or more does, one or more doesn't work, when manually using a key security system has activated thus sounding the horn. Many of these items have been discussed with my dealer and we were told by them that GM is aware of the problem but there isn't a fix at this time.

- Marion, OH, USA

Jul 092013

LaCrosse 6-cyl

This has happened numerous times. The first time the check engine light came on, I don't recall the message I actually got; but I took it to a dealership and they replaced an emission control item which seemed to do the trick for awhile. Eventually, as I was driving along some time later, the message "reduced engine power" came up; and I could feel the engine immediately start to drag. In about 30 seconds to a minute, "traction control off" or something similar comes up. I stopped to look at the manual which said to shut the engine off, wait a few minutes, then start the car and this would clear the code so that the car would run normally. I did this, and I saw that the car was operating more normally but the "check engine light" stayed on. After several stops and starts, the light went off. This has happened more times than I can count. On 6/3, I took it to a dealership because it seemed to be happening more frequently. The only thing they could find that might be causing it did not seem to be the problem, but they worked on the X101 connector and test drove it 16 miles w/O a problem. Two days later while driving to work (after driving about 20 min.), the same thing happened again. Another garage where I had my oil changed ran the codes and found that P1125 - fuel & air metering and P2138 throttle/pedal position were listed. I gave this info to the Buick dealer to see if the problem could be fixed. The car is no longer under warranty except for emission controls, so I paid for the work. They were not sure that the problem was repaired. It turned out that it wasn't. now, what" do I just keep taking it back and paying for things to be tried"

- Buxton, ME, USA

Jun 042014

LaCrosse 6-cyl

This is the third time within a 2 month time frame that I have been having a "service traction system", "service theft system", "ABS system" on my odometer. I had to stop and turn the car off. Then they replaced the wheel barring, then they did the electrical and tire and now it is acting up again and they dont even know what it is this time.

- Cedar Rapids, IA, USA

Aug 222013

While driving the low beams suddenly went out. It has happened several times. The high beams work but not low. Taken to dealers(two different GM dealers) twice (still under warranty) but could find nothing wrong and would not work on it if not happening at time we bring it in. Their repair department closed at 6 so it is not possible to bring it in when happens after dark. The internet is full of people complaining about this happening and how dangerous it is but GM dealerships refuse to do anything.

- Henrietta, NY, USA

Mar 132013

LaCrosse 6-cyl

I have only had this car 5 months and I bought it at 55K miles. While driving on the highway at about 11:00pm on a rainy night I was stopped by a state trooper who said my headlights shut off while driving. The good part is- the trooper actually saw my headlights were originally on but he stated that as I approached him "they just went off". he pulled me over just to make sure I was ok, but he said this is a safety issue and I could cause a collision while driving without headlights. Funny thing is, the high beam lights worked just fine, but the low beam -regular headlights would not come on at all. Then, ironically, while he was running my drivers license, my headlights popped back on. This is very scary. This incident has happened to me multiple times while driving this car at night, and most recently on a clear summer night, I was on a highway which had no street lamps and once again, the low beam headlamps completely shut off, luckily I was able to notice it since I was the only car on the highway and that was my only light, so I immediately cut my high beam lights on, but again, this is a very dangerous problem. The bright lamps worked properly, but my regular headlamps would not cut on at all. I pulled into a gas station and after about 20-30 minutes, the headlights eventually turned back on without me doing anything. As of today, I am afraid to drive this car at night unless I have the high beam lights on because I never know when they are going to cut off. The problem is I distract other drivers with my high beam headlights so it causes another safety issue. I have googled this issue and found that many other people have the same issue with their Buick Lacrosse, I am concerned about whether Buick has looked into this issue.

- Chicago, IL, USA