2.7

2010 Buick LaCrosse engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2010 Buick LaCrosse:

2010 Buick LaCrosse Owner Comments (Page 2 of 2)

Feb 152014

LaCrosse 6-cyl

I moved my car out of the driveway so my neighbor could plow. He said he smelled something while I was in my car across from our driveway. I put the vehicle in park, pushed shut off/turn off button, vehicle instantaneously filled with dark rolls of smoke coming from the passenger side from the front of the vehicle under the hood. I grabbed the door handle jumped out. My neighbor came running telling me to disengage the hood, I complied. Flames shot up and out from under the hood as it was being released. He threw a lot of snow on the fire extinguishing it. We inhaled the most obnoxious fumes from any automobile I have had the displeasure of having in my company. Car will not start. After this, my husband came out to see what all the yelling was about. My neighbor explained it to him and he unhooked the battery. The car is still parked at the scene of the fire. Today is 2/22/2014 and no insurance adjuster has been here yet. Our town fire department was called and the fire chief assistant came the very day incident occurred and filled out a form, I contacted Buick and I have a claim number and am awaiting further contact from them. Our town highway department placed cones around my vehicle.

- Oswegatchie, NY, USA

Feb 152014

LaCrosse 6-cyl

I moved my car out of the driveway so my neighbor could plow our driveway. He said he smelled something. I parked the car across from our driveway put it in park, pushed the button to shut the car off, as my vehicle filled with smoke, I grabbed the door handle and jumped out. My neighbor ran to my vehicle telling me to disengage the hood, I complied. Flames jumped up and out from the passenger side of the car under the hood. He threw a lot of snow on the fire to extinguish the flame. We inhaled fumes. Car will not start. After this, my husband came out and my neighbor explained and my husband unhooked battery.

- Oswegatchie, NY, USA

Nov 252013

LaCrosse 6-cyl

The contact owns a 2010 Buick Lacrosse. The contact stated that while driving 50 mph, the check engine warning light illuminated. The vehicle was taken to the dealer for inspection where they stated that the catalytic converter needed to be replaced. The vehicle was repaired but the failure recurred. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 90,000.

- Pocono Laek, PA, USA

Jul 302012

LaCrosse 6-cyl

The contact owns a 2010 Buick Lacrosse. The contact stated while driving approximately 65 mph the vehicle stalled without warning. The contact maneuvered the vehicle to the side of the road. The vehicle was taken to a dealer; however, the failure occurred three times over a two year period. The mechanic diagnosed that the computer module had to be replaced. The vehicle was repaired three times for the identical failure. The manufacturer was not made aware of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 23,591. Updated 1/29/14 vehicle continues to have a feel of losing power via gas pedal, but so far, hasn't stopped again, but does slow down when this happens. All other info on form is good. Updated 01/29/14

- Vancover, WA, USA

Sep 142012

LaCrosse

The contact owns a 2010 Buick Lacrosse. The contact stated that while driving approximately 30 mph, the engine warning indicator illuminated on the instrument panel until the engine was turned off. The vehicle was taken to an authorized dealer who stated rodents chewed through the oxygen 2 sensor wire. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the problem who did not offer any assistance since the failure was not cover under warranty. The approximate failure mileage was 37,000.

- Newark, NJ, USA

Apr 042011

LaCrosse 6-cyl

Engine failed to turnover intermittently five times over a four month period. Returned to the Buick dealer four times who claimed to fix the problem 4 times. It is currently in the dealer repair shop for further diagnosis and repair. This is a dangerous situation for a 72 year old women who is left stranded with the car engine dead and not turning over depending on the neighborhood and time of the day or night when this intermittent problem occurs. The car will generally start most of the time and then goes dead without turning over and after many attempts it sometimes will turnover and start.

- Milwaukee, WI, USA

Jun 232012

LaCrosse

The contact owned a 2010 Buick Lacrosse. The contact stated that moments after parking the vehicle in a garage, the front end caught on fire. The contact also stated that the fire burned down her home before the fire department could extinguish it. There were no reported injuries. The vehicle had not been inspected to determine what caused the fire. The failure and current mileages were 36,000.

- Greenville, KY, USA