Power Window Stopped Working

2001 Buick LeSabre (Page 2 of 4)

This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Buick dealer.

7.6

1. OEM replacement of regulator (26 reports)
  2. replace entire unit (19 reports)
  3. produce a product that works, this is ridiculous (10 reports)
  5. replace regulator and motor in unit (6 reports)
  6. permanently closed the windows (2 reports)
2001 Buick LeSabre windows / windshield problems

windows / windshield problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2001 Buick LeSabre:

2001 Buick LeSabre Owner Comments (Page 2 of 4)

Jan 162008

LeSabre Limited V6 3.8L

Very inconvenient problem. Very expensive to fix. Car was just out of warranty and the right side rear window just quit working in the down position.Very expensive to fix---$500!!!!!

- , Fremont, CA, USA

May 102008

LeSabre Limited V6 3.8L

This was the second power window failure in a few months. It cost another $500. Total cost of window failure is now $1000. This is just horrible engineering because the rear windows were almost never used.

- , Fremont, CA, USA

Oct 192005

LeSabre

The problem occurred a few days after my purchase and the used car dealer made the repairs at no cost to me.

Jun 012008

LeSabre

My son-in-law repaired the window with a used part.

Apr 102010

LeSabre

This was the second time for the repair of this window, the driver side front power window.

Jul 092010

LeSabre

I have had problems with each of the four power windows. Five occurrences in all as one window had to be repaired twice.

May 012008

LeSabre

My son-in-law sent for a used regulator and repaired the window. But, it failed again in April 2010.

Apr 232010

LeSabre

The car has been a good car except for the window regulators. Had to have all window regulators replaced. One was replaced twice and had work done one before having the regulator replaced.

- , Live Oak, FL, USA

Dec 022009

LeSabre Limited V6

Now this the third window with the regulator broken . one 2006 , Another Dec,2,2009 the other one a week later. After this I don't know if I want another LESABRE.

This a real pain in the ass for me . With my grand kids in the car most of the time . I never know when a window will drop down .

James H.

Waldorf , MD.

- , Waldorf, MD, USA

Oct 112005

LeSabre Limited V6

This is my fourth GM car . Not sure if I want another one .

- , Waldorf, MD, USA

Dec 162008

LeSabre Custom 3.8L

Typical GM....I have lost all use of three windows in my 2001 Buick LeSabre. First the drivers rear window went out then the passenger rear, now the front passenger side. GM knows it has a problem but will not fix. Next time I will be glad to take my chances with a Toyota. No more Government Motors for me.

- , Thompsons Station, TN, USA

Jan 112010

LeSabre Custom V6

This is the second rear window to fail in the last 6 months. I cannot believe a car this nice would have the same problem twice within a thousand miles! The first time I figured ok things happen and posted it on here seeing a few others. However, after encountering the same problem I am beyond frustrated. These windows hardly get used so wear in tear with them being in the upright position is ridiculous. Please fix this issue. Paying $180 and part for each window plus installation is absurd when this seems to be a common occurrence around the 75k mark.

- , Rock Hill, SC, USA

Nov 272009

LeSabre Custom

It has been one thing after another with this car and this is just one more thing...we bought it used three and a half years ago and it always is needing some sort of attention.

- , Marysville, WA, USA

Sep 302009

LeSabre Custom V6

So I am casually searching online for replacement parts for my window regulator that all of a sudden stopped working. One day on my way home from school my window just lowered itself and would not rise. Sounds as if the motor is still functioning but is "not connected" to the window. I am reading that it is some stupid plastic piece out of the entire window that is going to cost me a minimum of $200.00 including labor. I like my car but hearing stories of this occurring 2-3 times is ridiculous. Please fix this problem!!!!!

- , Rock Hill, SC, USA

Jul 012008

LeSabre

Last year, both rear window motors went out, very expensive. Now, front passenger window breaks,

- , Hoover, AL, USA

Jul 142009

LeSabre Custom 3.2L V6

rear windows failed when tried to lower them, I can hear the motor running, but I have had to tape the windows up. I have been reading that there is a cheap plastic part that is failing and that GM has decided to ignore the problem.

This will definitely be a deciding factor before I buy another GM vehicle.

- , Des Moines, IA, USA

Sep 132009

LeSabre

3rd time power windows have broken on 30000 mile vehicle.

buick is not backing their product in a responsible manner.

- , Lakewood, CO, USA

Aug 012009

LeSabre

Dates not correct. The window motor broke on my 2001 Buick LeSabre while it was under warrenty. The dealer admitted that it was a "known" problem, and that my other window motor would probably also stop working. He replaced all window motors for free.

- , San Antonio, TX, USA

Aug 062009

LeSabre V6

This problem has happened before!!This is the second time, different window. Really can't afford to get this fixed right now! This car is not yet paid for and you'd think Buick would man up and fix these problems. I can't catch a break!!!! The first time, the part cost almost $300, luckily a friend fixed it for ffree, sure hope I can find him again!!

- , Catawba, NC, USA

Jul 152009

LeSabre

Had all 4 window regulators replaced, and then 2 of the replacements failed less than a year later. I have permanently closed those windows until I can finish fighting with the dealer who claims they don't have to replace it. This couldn't come at a worse time as my dog has been diagnosed with terminal cancer and one of the few real joys she has is sticking her head out the window. Now it's shut permanently and she acts like she's being punished. I'm so pissed, I can't even begin to explain how much this experience has utterly destroyed my faith in American Automotives. Why can't we build even half-decent cars, and why don't we stand by our products?

- , Anaheim, CA, USA