1998 Buick Park Avenue fuel system problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 1998 Buick Park Avenue:

1998 Buick Park Avenue Owner Comments

Aug 192003

Park Avenue 6-cyl

Fuel pressure regulator: The fuel pressure regulator went out on my 1998 Buick Park Avenue 3800 V6 and I had it replaced on 8-19-03 at a cost of $142.79. It has come to my attention that Buick has now issued a recall on the Buick Park Avenue (NHTSA campaign #03V473000) for fuel pressure regulators and Buick has informed me that my Park Avenue is not part of this recall. I believe that my car is involved with this problem since I have had the exact problem that Buick is now involved in. I believe that if my car is involved that Buick should be held responsible for my repair and the cost that I have incurred. I have documents to support the fact that the part was replaced and I paid for the repair.

- Carmi, IL, USA

Apr 142002

Park Avenue

While turning on vehicle, there was an explosion that came from engine, causing cabinet door to blow open. Contacted dealer who was not willing to do anything. The fuel regulator was faulty, too much press.

- Greensburgh, PA, USA