NHTSA — Fuel/Propulsion System Problems

2003 Buick Rendezvous (Page 2 of 2)

1.5

2003 Buick Rendezvous fuel system problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2003 Buick Rendezvous:

2003 Buick Rendezvous Owner Comments (Page 2 of 2)

Dec 092014

Rendezvous

The contact owns a 2003 Buick Rendezvous. The contact stated that while the vehicle was parked, there was a fuel odor and fuel was seen leaking from the vehicle. The vehicle was towed to the dealer, who diagnosed that the fuel tank inlet check valve was fractured. The vehicle was not repaired. The contact stated that the VIN was not included in NHTSA campaign number: 07V349000 (fuel system, gasoline). The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 103,000.

- Walnut Creek, CA, USA

Nov 062014

Rendezvous 6-cyl

Bought my Rendezvous a few months ago and have had problems. My side air bags deployed with the previous owner for unknown reasons causing him injury to his ribs. They were never replaced by manufacturer. When I first got my car I filled up the tank. Bad idea! I came out the next morning and smelled a strong odor of gas and was missing a quarter tank. My boyfriend looked underneath and said it was leaking between the fill tube and the actual tank. My mechanic said there is no way to patch this and the only way to fix it would be to replace the whole thing. Approximately costing $1000. He also said changes are this will be recurring because it's a common problem with this make/model. So now I only put a half tank in my gas tank but I've noticed a smell of gas inside and outside of the vehicle. When I first bought my car the next day my car wouldn't start. I had a dead battery. My interior lights never turned off. Again, to repair this electrical problem would have been expensive. I ended up taking the sensor out, so now I have no inside lights at all.

- Cortland, OH, USA

Sep 242014

Rendezvous 6-cyl

Gas leaking out of fuel tank. A recall ( NHTSA 0tv349000) had been issued which the owner never received due to recent moves from one state to another state. Repair was completed at a cost of $988.65 which the owner had to pay. Approximately 1 year out of the 10 year recall warranty.

- The Villages, FL, USA

Mar 072013

Rendezvous 6-cyl

I took my 2003 Rendezvous to dealer for oil change and safety check, told them I smelled gas in cabin even at half tank.was told fuel filter needed changing. Didn't want to pay dealer cost for that so I had local do it, dealer is over 80 miles from my new house(@ time). When in new house (this one has garage)..I don't only smell gas in cabin of SUV but now it's being drawn into my house throughout the air unit(myself and 2 children have asthma) that 1carries episode pen and we all use nebulizer.I called local Buick dealer and was told no recall on my SUV. It will have to come out of my pocket...I limelight friend am.trying to disability..all because a GM dealer couldn't be bothered almost 3 years ago...I have to take chances when I have to go out.with my girls. This could be deadly.

- Easton, MD, USA

Nov 012013

Rendezvous

The contact owns a 2003 Buick Rendezvous. The contact stated that he noticed fuel leaking near the rear driver's side and the check engine light illuminated. The vehicle was taken to an independent mechanic who stated that the fuel tank inlet check valve was fractured and needed to be replaced. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure and informed the contact that the VIN was not included in NHTSA campaign number 07V349000 (fuel system, gasoline). The approximate failure mileage was 85,000.

- Wichita Falls, TX, USA

Mar 032014

Rendezvous

The contact owns a 2003 Buick Rendezvous. The contact stated that there was a odor of fuel was present inside and outside of the vehicle. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The contact was informed that the vehicle was not included in the NHTSA campaign number: 07V349000(fuel system, gasoline). The failure mileage was 40,800.

- Medesto, CA, USA

Mar 202013

Rendezvous 6-cyl

The contact owns a 2003 Buick Rendezvous. The contact stated that when the vehicle was refueled, there was a fuel odor and the check engine warning light illuminated. On another occasion, the vehicle was parked into a garage and the fuel odor was emitting from the vehicle and entering the contacts home. The vehicle was then parked on the side of the road and there was fuel leaking from the fuel tank. The failure occurred on numerous occasions. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 72,000. Updated 10/17/14 the consumer stated the gas cap was diagnosed as the failure. The gas was replaced but the failure recurred. The failure worsened. Updated 4/1/2015

- Akron, OH, USA

Feb 242011

Rendezvous

I have gotten the fuel tank two or three times, but when I fill the car up it just leaks out.

- Bastrop, LA, USA

Jan 142014

Rendezvous

The contact owns a 2003 Buick Rendezvous. The contact smelled fuel inside the vehicle and stated that the fuel gauge would decrease, even when the vehicle was not being driven. The manufacturer stated that the VIN was excluded from NHTSA campaign number: 07V349000 (fuel system, gasoline). The vehicle was not repaired. The approximate failure mileage was 200,000.

- Isola, MS, USA

Apr 062014

Rendezvous

The contact owns a 2003 Buick Rendezvous. The contact stated that when the fuel tank was filled it would leak. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer advised the contact that the vehicle was not included in NHTSA campaign number 07V349000 (fuel system, gasoline). The failure and current mileage was 300,000.

- Beaverdale , PA, USA

Nov 082013

Rendezvous

The contact owns a 2003 Buick Rendezvous. The contact sated that while the vehicle was at an authorized dealer for inspection, the fuel tank was found to be leaking gas. The fuel tank was replaced and the manufacturer was contacted, who advised that the vehicle was not included in NHTSA campaign number 07V349000 (fuel system, gasoline). The failure and current mileage was 129,000.

- Buckeye, AZ, USA

Aug 062012

• 1,143,200 miles
Fuel system, gasoline:storage fuel tank leakage on the side of the fuel tank, when tank is filled up to 3/4 of tank or is filled to full tank.

- Bakersfield, CA, USA

May 242012

Rendezvous

The contact owns a 2003 Buick Rendezvous. The contact stated that while reversing at a low speed, she noticed that the vehicle was leaking fluid. The contact stopped the vehicle and examined the fluid. The contact then noticed that the fluid was fuel. The vehicle was taken to an independent repair shop and the contact was informed that a fuel line was leaking due to corrosion. The contact also stated that the corrosion occurred near plastic clips that were part of the fuel lines. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure and offered no assistance. The failure mileage was 139,000.

- Brookville, OH, USA