2004 Cadillac CTS engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 Cadillac CTS:

2004 Cadillac CTS Owner Comments

Oct 062015

I have a 2004 Cadillac Cts I have replaced the ECM, throttle body 3 times, gas pedal, wiring harness for the throttle body, but the throttle body position will be learned for about a month then my vehicle would go into limp mode almost causing several car accidents. I have tried just about everything I have had the engine replaced as well. I don't want to let this vehicle go but this issue will not stop. It is a huge safety issue and I need it fixed before me or one of the other GM owners lose their lives.

- Robins Afb, GA, USA

Oct 082014

CTS 6-cyl

My Cadillac Cts 2004 key is stuck in the ignition and will not release. The car was towed to two different dealerships one said it was a battery. I purchased a new one that wasn't the problem and one thought it was the alternator and that wasn't the problem. I did have a recall on the key ring and got that taken care of, but honestly the same recall that is dealing with the camaros and the cobalts need to be enforced with the Cadillac. GM new there was something faulty about the keys getting stuck in the Cadillac. I've been on several forums and we all have the same problem!

- Little Rock, AR, USA