2002 Chevrolet Avalanche lights problems

lights problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2002 Chevrolet Avalanche:

2002 Chevrolet Avalanche Owner Comments

Sep 092014

Avalanche

Head lamps were very dim and there is a white film on the inside of them, making it very difficult for night time driving. Sabersport is the company who manufactures them, but when contacted their phone # has been disconnected. The # is 1 909 598 7589.

- Sistersville, WV, USA

Jun 202014

Avalanche 8-cyl

I was driving at night and the low beam lights stopped working. I change the fuses, low beam lights, daytime running light relay, and headlight relay and the low beam light still doesn't work.

- Raleigh, NC, USA

Mar 262014

Avalanche 8-cyl

While driving thru a parking lot after picking up my lunch, the food began to fall which I took my eyes off driving to catch it. When I looked up I saw light pole in front of me and when I pushed my brakes, it felt like the pedal went straight to the floor. Its like I pushed so hard I overpowered the system. When I backed away from the pole the brakes felt fine. I hit the pole which in turn caused cosmetic damage along with breaking the steering box because the tire hit the cement base. Also we found the brake fluid level sensor had broken at the fluid reservoir.

- Laingsburg, MI, USA

Jan 182005

Avalanche

Dash light don't work. Dimmer switch very hot to the touch.

- Clearwater, FL, USA

Jan 012005

Avalanche 4WD 8-cyl

Day time running lamps keep failing. Every time I replace the burned out bulb soon the other bulbs burn out. The issue is apparent on many full size GM trucks.

- Hernando, FL, USA

Aug 192002

Avalanche 4WD 8-cyl

I took my 02 Avalanche in for warranty service work for serveral items. One item was not fixed to my satisfaction. I reported condensation in my daytime running lights/fog light housing. Not only was there condensation, there was standing water. When I picked up my vehicle I looked and the lights seemed to be ok, but by the time I arrived home 15 minutes later, there was condensation in them again. I called the dealer to find out that they didn't replace them, they only "cleaned them out and resealed them". upon further inspection I noticed that they separated the housing from the lens and then used silicone sealant to put them back together. The dealership I took it to stated there was a bulletin from GM stating that some condensation is normal and the fix they performed was all they were allowed to do. I contacted GM and received the same information. I took the vehicle back in again for the condensation, they have now performed the same fix. I told them and the GM rep on the phone that this was a safety issue, that no amount of condensation in my light housing is acceptable. Now I am unwilling to use my fog lights due to the fact I am concerned about possible safety issues with the lens and the condensation as well as the now silicone being so close to the heat of the fog lights. GM is refusing to replace my light housings, I consider this a serious safety issue.

- Portland, OR, USA

Jan 272002

Avalanche 4WD 8-cyl

My 2002 Chevrolet Avalanche has several problems. First the rear window and mid tailgate leaks into the passenger area. I have taken it to the dealer 4 times now and it is still doing the same thing. There is moisture in the daytime driving lights that will not go away. The rt rear seat belt latch is hard to latch without someone helping the passenger that sits in that seat. I have 17 inche tires with a 16 inch spare how safe is that"?" I have oil consumption at least 1 quart per 1,000 miles vehicle also blows black, blue and white smoke. They are doing a consumption test now. The universal joint pops when changing from park to reverse and to neutral and back. There is clunking sound when pulling in or out of a parking space turning either left or right. Emergency brake goes all the way to the floor and does not work. I have had to the dealer several times and it seems nothing gets fixed.

- Mount Juliet, TN, USA