- March 5: Chevy Cruze Emissions Lawsuit Will Continue news | 20 days ago
- February 8: General Motors Recalls Chevrolet Cruze Cars to Fix Seats recalls | 45 days ago
- February 5: GM Recalls 2017 Chevrolet Suburban HD Vehicles recalls | 48 days ago
2005 Chevrolet Avalanche
Problems & Complaints
CarComplaints.com Notes: It didn't take long for the cladding to fade, discolor, and in some cases crack. Cladding is the protective plastic piece that runs along the outside of vehicles, and exposure to both heat and UV rays give the Avalanche's cladding a chalky, faded appearance.
Owners have said the problem is especially bad on the panels near the cargo bed. Eventually, GM agreed to a one-time treatment of ArmorDillo, a protective treatment similar to what you find in any auto shop. Unfortunately, that would only help for 6 months (on average).
Eventually, GM offered another coating solution for owners within the 3 year / 36,000 mile original warranty under TSB:04-08-111-001C.
Worst 2005 Avalanche Problems by Category
Click on a category below for details. Help?
- transmission problems28NHTSA complaints: 6
- interior accessories problems12NHTSA complaints: 39
- engine problems6NHTSA complaints: 12
- AC / heater problems5NHTSA complaints: 2
- drivetrain problems5NHTSA complaints: 18
- exterior accessories problems3NHTSA complaints: 6
- body / paint problems3NHTSA complaints: 5
- fuel system problems3NHTSA complaints: 20
- steering problems3NHTSA complaints: 15
- brakes problems2NHTSA complaints: 19
- electrical problems2NHTSA complaints: 30
- wheels / hubs problems2NHTSA complaints: 10
- lights problems1NHTSA complaints: 2
- seat belts / air bags problems1NHTSA complaints: 26
- suspension problems1NHTSA complaints: 2
- miscellaneous problemsNHTSA: 8
- windows / windshield problemsNHTSA: 2
- cooling system problemsNHTSA: 1
Stay Up to Date
Compare Chevrolet Avalanche Model Years
Curious how the 2005 Avalanche compares to other years?
Check out our Chevrolet Avalanche overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Avalanche.