9.3

$2,900.00

1. overhaul transmission (3 reports)
2002 Chevrolet Avalanche transmission problems

transmission problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2002 Chevrolet Avalanche:

2002 Chevrolet Avalanche Owner Comments

Aug 292016

Avalanche Vt400

WHEN TRANSMISSION WENT OUT WE HAD TO WALK HOME IN HOT SUN

- , Bakersfield, CA, USA

Dec 222010

Avalanche

As I started my day I knew the truck was acting funny, I ultimately ended up having to make arrangements to get picked up cause the thing slips out of gear and won't punch back in When I went back for the truck I tried it again and got it an extra block or so; I killed the motor, let it sit, and tried again. I did this until I got it home. My vehicle is perfectly maintained, and only has 60K miles so its definitely frustrating.I still have yet to get it fixed. Why? Cause its Christmas. Hohoho

- , North Babylon, NY, USA

Jul 242007

Avalanche Z66 5.0L

Transmission was just the tip of the Ice Berg. Service depts are saying the brakes are defective, Front wheel assemblies wear out, transmissions all need overhaul anytime over 50,000 miles. Parking brake assys are also defective since same as Silverados but since only Silverados were mentioned as being defective by the NTSB, Avalanches are not covered. My parking brake stopped working when it hit 2 months after I purchased it. Previously, I had switched from Ford to Chevy due to my Fords wearing out at 150,000 miles. Talk about going from bad to worse!

- , Round Rock, TX, USA