2.1

2003 Chevrolet Avalanche electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2003 Chevrolet Avalanche:

2003 Chevrolet Avalanche Owner Comments (Page 3 of 3)

Aug 012006

Avalanche 4WD 8-cyl

2003 Chevrolet Avalanche, Z71 package. The speedometer on the vehicle sporadically stops working or sticks on a particular speed. The dial is not accurate and I cannot tell how fast I am going.

- Perrysburg, OH, USA

Oct 122006

Avalanche 8-cyl

I have a 2003 Chevy Avalanche the speedometer show when I am at a full stop it is going 30mph. I have no way of knowing how fast I am going. I only have 50,000 miles.

- Higley, AZ, USA

Oct 192006

Avalanche 8-cyl

Speedometer reads erratically. Yesterday "0" was 30 mph. Each time I start the vehicle "0" is something different.

- Clover, SC, USA

Oct 122006

Avalanche 8-cyl

Speedometer malfunctions. Sticks at different speeds... +10 mph, +30 mph, +60 mph etc. Will reset itself after various amounts of times. Minutes to days later.

- Clermont, FL, USA

Oct 062006

Avalanche

2003 Chevy Avalanche Z66 speedometer failure, seems like a very common problem and should be addressed by the manufacturer with recall.

- Valley Park, MO, USA

Aug 022004

Avalanche 8-cyl

Speedometer cluster fails in many of the GM trucks, requiring a new gauge cluster..

- Roseville, CA, USA

Sep 102006

Avalanche 8-cyl

My 2003 Chevy Avalanche 1500 speedometer reads 30 mph when I'm driving at 70 mph. After I stopped the truck, shut off motor and took key out of ignition and restarted truck and began driving, speedometer read correctly again. Later, same day, speedometer started reading 25 mph when I was driving at 70 mph with traffic, had to gauge speed with trucks tach. Same fix worked again. Please go to web site topix.net, there are 30 more people like myself with the same problem with their Chevy Avalanche/Tahoe/Suburban speedometer.

- Washington, UT, USA

Jun 152006

Avalanche

Speedometer not working properly. Driving in 40 miles speed limit and the speedometer reads 120. Speedometer does not reset to 0 when stopped. No injuries, no crashes but with the speedometer defective could cause accident and possible injury.

- Indianapolis, IN, USA

Feb 172004

Avalanche

Pick a problem. Pin from transmission gears were too short from the manufacturer, causing the transmission to not shift properly. This repair was done at 8000 miles. 4 quarts. Low on oil within month of changing. No leaks and no explanation from the dealer as to where the oil went. A/C functioned improperly after truck surged at traffic light. Still no explanation. Remote entry works when it wants to. Interior lights pulse when truck idiling. Heater motor functions according to speed of vehicle, slow when braking and speeds up when accelerating. Drivers power window stopped functioning and started working the evening before taking it to the dealership for repair. Popping noise from exhaust just after starting and shutting off. From inside the vehicle while running I continuously hear cooling fluids flowing. Sometimes the horn does not function while the vehicle is turned off. Braking has always been a problem from day one. Always feels as there isn't enough brake pressure to stop in a normal distance. Along with the remote entry not working the personal presets for driver 1 most of the time do not operate with the remote entry. I have to select driver 1 from the interior to engage settings. Bed plastics are fading. Buttons for radio on the steering wheel and radio are flaking.

- Wilmington, DE, USA

Feb 052005

Avalanche 8-cyl

Windsheld wipers will not respond to switch. I've been told by GM service managers that GM got a batch of bad motors. I've tried the 800-222-1020 number and was told tough out of warrenty. My steering column has a clicking vibreating noise and feel when turning. I'm told again by the service mgrs. That a number of GM products have the same problem but it is not a safety issue."it's a lubercation problum causing the noise and again tough. The wiper motor costs $325 and the steering column another $300. My car is 2 years old with 93000 mi. The spark plugs are suppost to last 100,000. Why is every thing else falling apart? I was told they would send me a loyal customer discount for a new GM no way. I'll buy a Toyota Tundra next time if I can't get some restitution from GM.

- Cordova, TN, USA

Mar 042004

Avalanche 4WD 8-cyl

All gauges, warning lights, radio, and heat/air controls start changing on their own, quit working and don't work properly while driving. At times it smells like something is burning. Dealer have replaced alot of warning sensors, replaced instrument cluster twice, fuel sending unit, checked all the main ground points of wiring. Dealer has the old parts. I'm still having the same problems they are still not fixed.

- Jonesboro, AR, USA