2003 Chevrolet Avalanche seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2003 Chevrolet Avalanche:

2003 Chevrolet Avalanche Owner Comments

Dec 122011

Avalanche Z71 5.3L

i love my truck but it seems like where there paid for all the bullshit starts and the dealer will patch up some sh*t to get by while you're still under warranty. And charge the hell out of you when the warranties up.

- , Belleville, IL, USA

Feb 042009

Avalanche Z71 5.3L

I really had to have this vehicle. I looked at a few and tested several in 2002. I fell in love with it. I found mine, a pre-owned 2003 Z-71 at a local dealership in 2005. It's loaded. Just what I'd been looking for and in white, it fit my criteria to a "T".

Four months later little things started to go wrong and it's been a "sickly child" ever since.

I own a 1994 GMC Sierra SLE 4x4 that I put 264,000 miles on so far and this truck will run circles around my piece of garbage chevy. But I digress. Back to the avalanche problems.

Front shocks (Bilstien), Rear disc brake rotors, calpers, parking brake assys., front rotors & calpers, upper and lower ball joints, headlights every 3-4 months, cluster gauges, air bag light is on again and the tail gate handle broke off. I just can't wait to see what surprises tomorrow will bring.

- , Lehigh Twp., PA, USA