2. this is one of about 10 recalls from chevrolet (1 reports)
2004 Chevrolet Avalanche accessories - interior problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 Chevrolet Avalanche:

2004 Chevrolet Avalanche Owner Comments

Feb 142010

My wife buys Chevys I drive Fords Don't have this problem

- , Falls Of Rough, KY, USA

Feb 262010

Avalanche 1500 4WD 5.3L V8

I know what everyone is talking about...I was doing about 45 & speedometer registered 110. Sitting still, it registered 45. GM won't stand behind it. Get smart next a FORD

- , Hudson, NC, USA

Jan 022009

Avalanche 1500 8 cyl

My speedometer stopped working and sets on 120mph all the time, Chevrolet will replace this for free, This is one of about 10 recalls for this vehicle, you should search for "avalanche recalls" on the web and find all the recalls to have Chevrolet fix.

- , Palmetto, GA, USA

Dec 252008

Avalanche Z71 1500 8 cyl

Cruising @ 50 mph. Speedometer pegged out. Indicates that I am going 120 mph when sitting still.

Just had my tailgate latch fixed for 200 bucks . Just broke. not abused.

Drivers side power window had to be replaced after only about 8 months.

- , Gardner, MA, USA

Dec 062007

I had my share of problems with my Chevy Avalanche, from my radio being replaced twice, windows switches that work when they want to, check engine lights going on and off for stupid problems, and so much more inconveniences but the latest issue is the speedometer and Fuel gauge that now doesn't work is the most bothersome problem! You can call Chevy Customer service and the first thing they will tell you is that Customer satisfaction is their priority! HAH!!! I received a letter from Chevy which stated the instrument panel could stop working and this is especially true with the speedometer and fuel gauge BUT THIS NOT A RECALL! If your vehicle is within 7 years or 70,000 miles which ever comes first you can bring it into the service department and have the problem addressed. It doesn't state that Chevy will stand up and take full responsibility for their KNOWN PROBLEM. It also doesn't state that they will pay for it. Well my vehicle has 75,000, I don't qualify to have chevy look at my truck and fix my speedometer that just broke unless it comes out of my pocket! So I get on the phone with Chevy! After being told how important I am as a customer I was told that all Chevy Trucks Years 2003 and 2004 including Avalanche, Tahoe, Silverado, and so on are affected with this possible problem. WHAT and this isn't a Recall? I guess no one died yet from taking a bend in the road too fast because their speedometer didn't work. I just went on another message board and learned that this repair will cost around $1500. to repair. I personally can't afford this costly expense at this time. But I really don't understand how chevy can think that the speedometer not working is NOT A SAFETY ISSUE. Of course it is a safety issue for everyone that drives these vehicles and everyone else that is on the road with you! SO BEWARE if you own one of these vehicles and think that Chevy will be your closest friend, guess again! I know that I learned my lesson with the many chevy's I owned! My next vehicle is not going to be a Chevy because they don't care about you or the safety of others. I really feel bad for the next person that will buy my truck. But Chevy lost my business!!!!

- , Tunkhannock, PA, USA