2004 Chevrolet Avalanche brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 Chevrolet Avalanche:

2004 Chevrolet Avalanche Owner Comments

Mar 302008

My 2004 Avalanche speedometer and tachometer read completely inaccurate. Example=shows me going 120mph and 3000M RPM with motor off. I bought the vehicle used from a Chevy dealer and was told it had warranty remaining. When the problem began last year I was told it was not warranted. I lacked the money for the replacement and have been driving it broken. Now I am finding out through other Avalanche owners that it has been being fixed by dealers at no charge as there have been so many problems. I feel this should be a recall. I know my vehicle now has 110,000 miles, but I can document by law enforcement notes on a ticket I received last year that I had the problem about 30,000 miles ago. I feel this should be repaired at no expense to me. They told me when I called that their parts dept had a long waiting list for the replacement panel so you know ?Chevrolet knew they had a widespread problem. Thank you. I hope to hear back from you. Also at about the same time my ABS/brake light started coming on after I drive a few miles. I don't know if it is as common of a problem or related to the instrument panel problem or not.

- Clermont, FL, USA