1. replace brake lines (3 reports)
2004 Chevrolet Avalanche brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 Chevrolet Avalanche:

2004 Chevrolet Avalanche Owner Comments

Jul 122009

Avalanche 1500 Z-71 5.3L

Had the brakes go out on me completely hauling some mulch, lucky for me it happened at my house when I was backing up to unload the mulch. They said the brake line wore out going over the rear axle, could have killed me or someone else if I was on the highway. And I have had problems with the brake lines rusting out and the fuel pump rusting out also. 50,000 dollar piece of sh*t!!!

- , Belle Vernon, PA, USA

Jun 262014

click to see larger images

faulty brake lines

All brake line have rusted and burst. When I went to stop, lost my brakes.

And I see that this is a problem with the 2004 trucks And GM is just ignoring this problem.

We have had to replace the emergency brake system. It rusted and just fell down so you couldn't drive.

now to find out they are using cheap brake lines, something you never think would rust and pop and

leak all the fluids out. it was a nightmare trying to stop the truck.

- , Fort Washington, MD, USA

Apr 172013

This is the 4th time we have lost brake lines on this truck. this should be a recall. very scary to lose brakes while driving to work!

- , Hyde Park, VT, USA