6.7

$1,825.00

1. replace all axle bearings / differentials (2 reports)
2004 Chevrolet Avalanche drivetrain problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 Chevrolet Avalanche:

2004 Chevrolet Avalanche Owner Comments

Nov 192014

Avalanche Z66 5.3L

click to see larger images

axle bearing / differential failures axle bearing / differential failures axle bearing / differential failures axle bearing / differential failures axle bearing / differential failures

I purchased my 2004 Avalanche new, with the heavy duty trailer package, but it was never used as such. When I put the vehicle into gear, I heard a CLUNK in the drivetrain. I was advised that this is normal with heavy duty drivetrains, and this noise continued.

In Nov. 2014 while driving the vehicle to Denver, Co. I noticed a grinding sound coming from the universal. I had the vehicle inspected and repairs to the universal were $1,650. Some of the defective parts were pitted, and scoured. I contacted GM customer service at TX 1-800-222-1020, hoping to receive an adjustment per the Consumer Reports mag. Form Jan.2015 pg.6. ‘Good will money” I was given claim #71-14Z8212010. I was advised to take the vehicle and defective parts to my local Chevy dealer.

I took it to Ed Bozart Chev. In Las Vegas, NV. TX 702-425-1049.Mr. Al Belford, the Service Mgr. inspected the defective parts without comment. When I recontacted GM, I was advised that the original parts were not defected. When I recontacted Mr. Belford he advised that the parts were not defective, but worn out. I’m a senior citizen, and questioned why the parts are worn out within 36K of normal driving. He advised the the vehicle was out of warranty (extended warranty expired 5/2014), and no adjustments would be considered.

- , Las Vegas, NV, USA

Sep 042009

Avalanche Z71

i have 71000 miles and i notice the rear end is leaking oil. in my garage. not sure how long this has been happening but i do know just from examining it may have been a while just based on how oily the area looks versus what it should look like. i have read the nightmares on other web sites about this same problem just thought i would gripe as well.

- , Florence, MS, USA

Aug 242009

Avalanche

Evidentally this is chronic problem with 02-04 Avalanches, and as to be expected GM denies any pattern, to avoid a recall. Funny how the differential was changed in the 05+ models. A car with 70K and 5 years should not have a major differential problem - no towing or off-roading, factory wheels, no excuses GM, as usual you produce cheap crap.

- , Buffalo, NY, USA