- August 10: GM Recalls 2017 Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Trucks recalls | 7 days ago
- August 7: GM Oil Consumption Lawsuit About Vortec 5300 Engines Dismissed news | 10 days ago
- August 6: Duramax Diesel Lawsuit Claims Emissions Are Illegal news | 11 days ago
- August 4: GM Recalls Chevrolet Silverado 1500 and GMC Sierra 1500 recalls | 13 days ago
- July 30: GM Agrees to Settle Hundreds of Ignition Switch Cases news | 18 days ago
NHTSA — Air Bags: Frontal Problems
CarComplaints.com Notes: It didn't take long for the cladding to fade, discolor, and in some cases crack. Cladding is the protective plastic piece that runs along the outside of vehicles, and exposure to both heat and UV rays give the Avalanche's cladding a chalky, faded appearance.
Owners have said the problem is especially bad on the panels near the cargo bed. Eventually, GM agreed to a one-time treatment of ArmorDillo, a protective treatment similar to what you find in any auto shop. Unfortunately, that would only help for 6 months (on average).
Eventually, GM offered another coating solution for owners within the 3 year / 36,000 mile original warranty under TSB:04-08-111-001C.
- Crashes / Fires:
- 3 / 0
- Injuries / Deaths:
- 4 / 0
- Average Mileage:
- 29,667 miles
About These NHTSA Complaints:
seat belts / air bags problem