7.2

$2,000.00

1. the dash needs to be replaced as the defect may affect passe (20 reports)
  2. replace dashboard (16 reports)
2007 Chevrolet Avalanche accessories - interior problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Chevrolet Avalanche:

2007 Chevrolet Avalanche Owner Comments (Page 1 of 3)

Feb 132015

Avalanche LT V8 5.3L Vorte

click to see larger images

cracked dashboard cracked dashboard cracked dashboard

Very disappointed with the materials they use for these kind of trucks very luxury but cheap materials and not cover by the warranty after you finish pay 65000 k I can't understand why and i know there it's a lots of trucks with this problem I not alone but I can't do anything so please I need help what can I do to make this f*ckers to fix my truck ..".😠😠😠😠😠😠😠😠😠😠😠😡😡😡😡😡😡😡

- , Whittier, CA, USA

Dec 282015

Avalanche LTZ 5.3L

I Think Chevrolet Know of the problem. For the price you pay & expensive of it. LTZ Avalanche...DASHBOARD CRACKLING....PLEASE HELP.

- , Sims, NC, USA

Jun 262015

Avalanche

I don't know exactly when the dash cracked because it was like that when I purchased it from the dealer. The dealer was nice enough to throw the replacement in for "free" when I purchased the truck in June for $20,000. I was fine leaving it cracked, but the dealer insisted on placing a cover over it because it would only get worse. The "replacement/cover" doesn't have the same pattern as the original dash, it doesn't align correctly with the air bag & vent holes, it doesn't go all the way down to where the initial dash does, the glue they used to put it on smelled AWFUL and gave me a migraine. Plus every time it gets hot (I live in Florida so ALL THE TIME) I can smell the glue and even my kids have commented on the stench. I have always loved the Avalanche, but the experiences (There's more complaints to come) have made me hate my truck!

- , Alachua, FL, USA

Sep 292015

Avalanche

My Truck is in perfect conditions, BUT, Yesterday the Dashboard started Cracking, Chevy should recall for this issue asap.

- , Miami, FL, USA

Sep 022014

Avalanche Sport V6

I got my truck from an outside dealer, they didn't want to replace it. I thought that it might not be that bad to replace or just how common this problem was. After reading the many complaints, GM needs to repair this issue, as many said it could be a serious safety hazard if the air bag does not work correctly. IF such is the case with mine, I will sue them for all that I can!

- , Pasadena, CA, USA

Sep 012014

Avalanche LS 5.3L

OTHER THAN THE ALTERNATOR GOING BAD AFTER ONLY 25000 MILES AND THE DASHBOARD HAVING TO BE REPLACED THREE TIMES NOW, I LOVE THE TRUCK. IT'S TOO BAD THAT THE DEALER WHERE I BOUGHT IT AND CHEVROLET ARE NOT WILLING TO TRY AND FIX THIS ISSUE. FROM WHAT I'VE READ ONLINE AND HAVE TALKED TO OTHER PEOPLE THIS IS A CONSTANT PROBLEM WITH THE DASHBOARD AND I ONLY NOW HAVE 40000 MILES ON THIS VEHICLE. I JUST GOT IT BACK FROM THE DEALER FOR A CHECK ENGINE ISSUE WHERE I BELIEVE THE REPAIR WAS OVER PRICED AND THEY SAID THAT THEY TOOK IT OUT FOR A TEST DRIVE WHICH IS HARD TO BELIEVE SINCE IT HAD THE SAME MILEAGE GOING OUT AS IT DID GOING IN.

- , Scottsdale, AZ, USA

Nov 222011

Avalanche Z71 5.3L

Chevy needs to recall and replace all cracked dashboards

- , Jackson, MS, USA

May 012010

Avalanche 3LT 5.3L

For a $50,000.00 truck one would not expect the dash to be cracked and separating in 2 separate locations..

I have to wonder if the airbag deploys and sends pieces of cracked dash into peoples eyes, etc. and someone sues them, will Chevrolet then decide to do what they should be doing in the first place? Replace their crappy plastic??? This was our 3rd new Avalanche, and after this lemon our last!!!

- , Stoughton, WI, USA

Sep 052014

Avalanche LT 5.3L V8

The cracked dash is a MAJOR safety hazard!!!!! It could easily block or stop the airbag deployment!!!

- , Shiloh, IL, USA

Feb 242012

Avalanche LT 5.3L

At first, I thought it was just bad luck having my dashboard cracked but after hearing about all those owners with the same issue it really annoyed me. I started investigating and several models of 2007 have the same issue, including but not limited to Tahoe, Suburban, Avalanche, Silverado.

I really thing this should start an investigation by Chevrolet and really determine if this was a massive defect on their models. If in fact this is a factory defect, Chevrolet should issue a recall or at least cover partial cost of the replacement.

I still have faith Chevrolet will do the right thing and if not, well, they will have a lot of unhappy faithful customers.

- , El Centro, CA, USA

Jan 012014

Avalanche LT

One day a crack appeared right next to the passenger side airbag. Very frustrating because I keep my vehicles in excellent shape. I always worry about dings on the outside, turns out I need to worry about the flaws on the inside.

- , Loveland, OH, USA

Sep 292014

Avalanche L.X 5.3L

IT HAPPENED ALL OF A SUDDEN, THE RIGHT SIDE CRACKED FIRST THEN THE LEFT. IT LOOKS LIKE UNEVEN DASH. IF IT IS A RECALL CAN SOMEONE TELL ME, OR WHERE TO GO.

- , San Diego, CA, USA

Aug 132010

Avalanche LTZ V8

My dash is cracked in 3 different places. It's crazy, it takes away from the beauty of the vehicle. I'm tired of looking at the cracks.

- , Hattiesburg, MS, USA

Aug 112014

Avalanche Leather 5.7L

I have 2007 Chev Avalanche and at 40,000 the dash cracked right above the right side air bag. I took in to the dealer and it was replaced, no problem, and now it has cracked again and GM says no to replacing it.

I have worked in the auto industry for 40 years and I feel that this could be a very serious problem safety wise. Maybe the deployment of the air bag could function improperly causing possible death, or maybe the dash could break apart and cause serious injury. I guess that it will come down to death or injury for GM to take responsibly for this defect. I have taken further action and filed a people's claim against GM. Let's hope GM will step and take action

- , Fresno, CA, USA

Jan 012012

Avalanche LT1 5.3L

The dash, just for no reason, cracked at the airbag on the passenger side and dash started a constant rattle.

- , Batesburg, SC, USA

Apr 012014

Avalanche LT 5.3L V8

I have the same issue with the cracked dashboard directly above the passenger side air bag that hundreds of other Avalanche owners have. pointed out to dealer where I bought it and they claimed ignorance of this issue even tho I showed them the 100's of complaints in the net. Was told that GM not recognizing the issue to recall so dealer unwilling to correct unless I pay for it - I told them no way.

Last time I'll purchase GM if this is case as I've had numerous issues with this since I purchased new in 07 - numerous returns because of the infamous "wiring harness from hell" issues, numerous module replacements (fuel, airbag, bcm, and tire module sensors) and now this dashboard issue (which hopefully becomes a class action). Their product QA is terrible and worse is their customer care...

Update from Jul 23, 2014: Asked dealer to get GM local dealer involved and they did. GM rep not willing to ok dashboard replacement. I am very concerned about possible air bag deployment malfunction ( and potential GM liability)

- , Pittsburgh, PA - Pennsylvania, USA

Jul 012011

Avalanche LT

This is a bad problem and I waited too long to have it fixed and now it's really bad. The estimate for fixing the dash is almost $1500.00. This is a big problem on these trucks and there should really be a recall!!!!

- , Evans, GA, USA

Mar 282014

Avalanche

The Dash board cracked just from slamming door by grandson. Crack is above speedometer

- , Fort Worth, TX, USA

Aug 302012

Avalanche LTZ 5.3L V8

I think there should be a recall on all 2007 and 2008 Chevrolet trucks,SUV's and Avalanche. Because we have invested too much money in our vehicles to have the dash just crack . GM should pay for all replacements caused and maybe a free oil change or two.

- , Prairieville, LA, USA

Mar 222013

Avalanche LTZ 5.6L V8

Apparently this is comon to 2007 Avalanches. A search on the net will find many complaints. GM has not agreed to address this. So, the buyer of the vehicle will either have to live with it or fix it. The crack is on the passenger side, extending fron the top left corner of the airbag to the next seam. From reports I am reading there will be others. Poor enginerring design.

- , Huron, TN, USA