2010 Chevrolet Avalanche electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2010 Chevrolet Avalanche:

2010 Chevrolet Avalanche Owner Comments

Jul 192014

Avalanche 8-cyl

I was on vacation and had my Avalanche running while I packed it up to return home. After about 5 minutes of running idle, the check engine light came on and the display showed reduced engine power, service traction control, and service stabilitrak. This had happened to the truck three times before and each time they replaced the accelerator pedal positional sensor. (I also had a 2007 Chevrolet Tahoe, and after having it repaired seven times for failing sensors and going into reduced engine power while on the highway three times we were forced to sell it). We are very familiar with this issue! however, I was able to locate a dealership in the area and they tested it to find that the throttle body was out, and they replaced the throttle body and the associated sensor. I was relieved to hear that this was a different issue than before and that my problems were fixed. This was not the case. Last week, the engine power reduced again and the truck is now in the shop for the fifth time.

- Belle Chasse, LA, USA

Aug 262014

Avalanche 8-cyl

I was driving on a bridge when the check engine light came on and the engine power reduced. The truck immediately dropped to below 30 mph and I could not accelerate up the bridge and barely avoiding an accident, as this was in a heavy traffic area. I was able to get it to the dealership and are working on it now. This if the fifth time this has happened to my truck. My wife and I just sold our 2007 Chevrolet Tahoe and the only reason was the engine power reduced error occurred on it seven times, three in month prior to selling it. This is a major problem and could have easily resulted in a severe accident. Both cars were only ever serviced at Chevrolet dealerships and each time, they insisted it was fixed and the problem was gone. We have no faith in Chevrolet at this time!

- Belle Chasse, LA, USA

May 062013

Avalanche 8-cyl

GM tsb #10047479 this is a well know problem on GM truck and SUV models with power adjustable pedals. The wires rub against the mechanism causing a short and making errors to the computer causing communication problems and loss of power. Repaired at dealership, and charged $300 for labor no parts involved. Not covered because it is a tsb, not a recall. This should be a recall because it could cause an accident from loss of power.

- Jonestown, PA, USA

May 292011

The contact owns a 2010 Chevrolet Avalanche. The contact stated while driving approximately 80 to 85 mph, he noticed that the door locks began to open and close, the RPM's reached 1,000, and the vehicle suddenly shifted into first gear until it decreased to a normal speed. The vehicle was inspected by a dealer who advised him that they would replace two modulators. The vehicle was repaired; however, within an hour of leaving the dealer the identical failure occurred. The vehicle was taken to another dealer who advised him that they were unable to diagnose the failure. The manufacturer was notified and advised him that the vehicle was safe to drive. The failure was diagnosed by several dealers seven times. The failure mileage was approximately 8,000. The VIN was unavailable.

- Lock Port, NY, USA