2.2

2006 Chevrolet Aveo lights problems

lights problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2006 Chevrolet Aveo:

2006 Chevrolet Aveo Owner Comments (Page 2 of 2)

Aug 142014

Aveo

The contact owns a 2006 Chevrolet Aveo. The contact stated that a burning smell was emitted in and around the vehicle. The vehicle was taken to the dealer where the technician made the contact aware that the vehicle was included in NHTSA campaign id number: 14V261000 (exterior lighting). The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 115,000.

- Solana Beach, CA, USA

Feb 122014

Aveo 4-cyl

The contact owns a 2006 Chevrolet Aveo. The contact stated that the daytime running lights failed to function. The contact received a notification for NHTSA campaign number 14V261000 (exterior lighting) and was informed by the manufacturer that the part was not available. The vehicle was not repaired. The failure mileage was 110,000. Updated 9/4/14 updated 11/17/2014

- Manschester , NH, USA

Jan 102012

Aveo 4-cyl

The car key will not turn on. I have to reenter the key and turn the steering wheel back and forth to get the key to turn on. Then once I get the car running it falls dead while I'm driving it. I have had my car towed twice because I could not get the key to turn on, this a daily problem and a very dangerous one. If the car continues to turn off in the middle of traffic some one could hurt very bad or killed.,

- Houston, TX, USA

Jun 062013

Aveo

Day time running lights work sometimes for a short time afraid of a fire. Called GM they said problem is not in their computer.

- Ellendale, DE, USA

Jan 012012

Aveo 4-cyl

My daytime running lights have pretty much never worked, I have always had to manually engage my lights otherwise the dtr lights would go for a few minutes then burn flicker and short out, only working when I turn the lights on the manual way. My back turn signal shorted out around early 2012. Not only did it stop working but it melted the light socket housing, making it so I had to replace the whole light socket. Most recently, either May 14th or 15th, I started up my car, but I couldn't put it into gear, it was impossible to get it into gear, so we tried to turn off the car to figure out our next move. But the key would not come out, so we had to restart the car and finally got the gear to engage, and we took it home and had to unplug the battery because we could not take out the key but did not want it to wear out the battery.

- Rochester, WA, USA

Dec 062011

Aveo 4-cyl

The contact owns a 2006 Chevrolet Aveo. The contact stated that the daytime running lamps failed. The vehicle was taken to the dealer and the manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The vehicle was not repaired. The failure mileage was 50,000 and the current mileage was 83,000. Updated 02/11/14 updated 02/11/14

- Albion, NY, USA

Aug 072013

Aveo

Instrument panel cluster fuse kept blowing, only when fuel gauge was below half of a tank. Dealer was unable to find problem. Soon after instrument panel lights, gear shift lights, and passenger side tail light went out. Replaced tail light bulbs, and still did not work. Read forums and found the problem was splicer in the hood compartment fuse box. Seems to be a common problem with this car, there needs to be a recall due to extreme safety issues. Cannot see or be seen at night, cannot see gauges when driving at night.

- Midpines , CA, USA

Jan 282011

Aveo

Replaced every emissions at least four/two sets of tires/shocks/strutsengine seals/signal lights/headlight /tail light pretty much every light including inside car that I can think of/ replaced two batteries/ had corrosion taken out of different parts under hood as well replace many wires under hood. I have putting money in this car since 2009. I am done it has a total of 43,000 miles.do not buy one.

- Lller, MD, USA

Jan 302013

Aveo

Dash lights and clock light flickered for months then dash lights finally went dead. Dash lights no longer work and also has affected rear passenger side tail lamp. The plastic splice connector box in the under hood fuse box is burnt to a crisp. Upon searching online it appears as though several people have had this same problem.

- Dover Plains, NY, USA

Nov 012011

Aveo

The interior instrument panel lights all went out. This is an issue I found out from other owners has happened to all of them.

- Mulberry, FL, USA

Aug 282010

Aveo 4-cyl

Instrument cluster lights (speedometer, gas gauge, etc.) lights on shifter, and right rear taillights all went out at the same time. Fuses were all still good, light bulbs still good. Eventually tracked it down to a burnt out wiring splice, which had to be replaced. The loss of interior lights and brake lights is a serious hazard - especially when the fix requires hunting down bad factory wiring.

- Tucson, AZ, USA