2006 Chevrolet Aveo seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2006 Chevrolet Aveo:

2006 Chevrolet Aveo Owner Comments (Page 2 of 2)

Jun 092010

I have a Chevy Aveo 2006 and the airbag light for the driver is on, that means it has an issue. For almost 7 weeks the GM dealer is trying to fix it without any results. They gave me the car back a couple times but the problem was not fixed. I had a similar issue with this car in 2007. This is a major safety problem and it looks like my Aveo is not only one with this issue. Please investigate this, I"D like GM to fix this problem or to take the car back, I don"T feel safe anymore with driving this car! thank you!

- Sterling Heights, MI, USA

Jun 052010

I have a 2006 Chevy Aveo and the airbag warning light has been on even after replacing the sensor...they say it is a common problem but I believe that when an airbag could deploy at any minute or not deploy at all then there is a problem with that...all they say is that after they replace the switch that it will be fine...well everytime they do that then a week later the sensor goes bad again my car has been in the shot 3 times for just this one problem and I know others with the same car as mine that are having the same problems as me...

- Charles Town , WV, USA

Jun 062009

I have a 2006 Chevrolet Aveo. The airbag readiness light stays on after automobile is started. The owners manual says not to drive this vehicle. Airbags may not inflate in a crash or may inflate without a crash. This is the second time this has happened. The first was in January 2008. Was covered under warranty. This time it is not. I don't think I should be responsible for the cost of this repair. It is a safety feature and is not something I can repair myself. Why should I be responsible for their defect?

- Silver City, NM, USA

May 172009

Back in June of 2008, if filed a complaint with Chevrolet, informing then that my car air bag readiness light has been on and have taken it to the dealer ship numerous times and they informed me that it is because I put my purse on my seat. So finally they found it was a sensors and fixed it however one year later now at 50,000 miles the light is still on no explanation of why. Ever time I turn on the car the airbag readiness light stays on.

- Moosup, CT, USA

May 032009

The contact owns a 2006 Chevrolet Aveo. The contact stated that the air bag readiness light illuminated on the instrument panel, which meant the air bags could deploy at any moment. The dealer advised her to bring in the vehicle; however, the contact has not done so at this time. She believes that this is a safety hazard. The current and failure mileages were 81,713.

- Crosby, TX, USA

Apr 292008

Three times in the last year my airbag system malfunctioned. April, 2008 dealer stated that there was an electrical problem. Then April of this year I had it repaired twice. They stated that there was another electrical problem.

- Rowlett, TX, USA

May 012007

Consumer complaint: ODI case number: 10244499 component: Air bags:frontal details: Passenger air bag off -- indicator is lit. Will not engage passenger safety air bag when wife, weighing 105 pounds is in seat. Chevrolet dealer cannot fix.

- Kailua, HI, USA

Jan 142008

Aveo 4-cyl

I have a 2006 Chevrolet Aveo 5 door. I purchased the vehicle brand new. At 32,000 miles the airbag mil came on, not due to any accident or other event which could have caused a problem with the airbags. I returned the car to the Chevrolet dealership; they said the issue was due to a loose connection at the steering wheel which they had corrected. Later that day, while driving, the airbag mil came on once again, not due to any accident or other event which could have caused a problem with the airbags. The dealership told me that this was a "normal" problem on this car and that I would have to return the car to them for an extended period of time for further diagnosis and repair. I am currently pursuing getting the car repaired by a different dealer. I am concerned, as I have heard of many airbag-related issues with Aveos. I would not think that this is a "normal" problem on any type of vehicle. I am concerned about the overall quality and reliability of the supplemental restraint system on these vehicles. Please note, "airbag mil" above should not be taken to mean the "passenger airbag off" indicator; the mil is the red light indicating a problem with the airbag system, not the orange light indicating its status. I would appreciate it if more data about this issue on Aveos could be made available.

- Chicago, IL, USA

Nov 082007

The airbag light would not turn off, still at the dealer waiting for a part to come in, it was a faulty fuse in the steering wheel if in a accident airbags would not deploy. 2.the heat started working less and less, when I would come to a stop the air would come out cold, it felt like I had the air conditioning on. If it sat for too long the temperature would start to rise and it would start to overheat.

- Philadelphia, PA, USA