2008 Chevrolet Aveo seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2008 Chevrolet Aveo:

2008 Chevrolet Aveo Owner Comments (Page 1 of 3)

Sep 152016

Aveo

Airbag light came on and has been on for a few weeks now. The car was not in any accidents when this occured. It was parked on Friday and not used until the following Monday. On that Monday morning, the light came on and stayed on since then.

- Carrollton, TX, USA

Sep 012014

Aveo

The contact owns a 2008 Chevrolet Aveo. The contact stated that the passenger side air bag and the check engine warning indicators illuminated. In addition, the hold button to activate the four wheel drive failed. The vehicle was taken to the dealer where it was diagnosed that the engine sensor failed and needed to be replaced. The vehicle was repaired twice. The dealer was unable to diagnose the other failures; however, all the failures recurred. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was not made aware of the failures. The approximate failure mileage was 125,000.

- Columbas, IN, USA

May 202015

Aveo

Takata recall on air bag light coming on without an accident or incident. The vehicle was in motion.

- Newark, NJ, USA

Jan 142016

Aveo

The airbag module in the passenger seat needs to be replaced. To fix this problem it will cost $1400. My extended warranty won't cover it.

- Clifton, ME, USA

Dec 012015

Aveo

Air bag (red light) light stays on. Also headlights plastic mounts, where the bolts go in to hold headlights in place, are deterated, headlights B bhearly holding on.

- Chesapeake, VA, USA

Apr 232015

Aveo

I was rear ended and it was not a bad accident but needed a bumper and I noticed that after this happened my airbag sensor light came on. When we took the vehicle in for repair I told the technician that I was more concerned about the airbag sensor light then the bumper. They said they would look at it. When we picked up our vehicle they said they looked at the airbag light sensor and reset it. Now 6 months later the light is back on. I took it back and they suggested I check on the internet for any recalls. I did not see any. Can you suggest anything. I feel that they did not really properly check out the sensor light or to make sure the airbag is ok.

- Houston, TX, USA

Nov 052015

Aveo

My airbags did not deploy when I hit a deer in 2013. Now my wiring that comes from engine compartment that controls my window lock and power windows is shorting out. My neighbor has a 2007 Chevy Colorado has gotten a recall on his due to same reason.

- Kokomo, IN, USA

Jun 012012

Aveo

Passenger air bag indicator light on constantly

- Midlothian, VA, USA

Oct 092008

Aveo

The contact owns a 2008 Chevrolet Aveo. While driving various speeds, the air bag warning light was constantly illuminated. The vehicle was taken to a dealer where it was diagnosed that the wiring failed and needed to be replaced. The vehicle was repaired, but the failure was persistent. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The failure mileage was approximately 64,000.

- Delta, UT, USA

Jul 182015

Aveo

The contact owns a 2008 Chevrolet Aveo. While starting the vehicle, the passenger side air bag deployed inadvertently. No injuries were sustained. The vehicle was driven to the contact's residence. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 90,000.

- Waldoboro, ME, USA

Jul 062015

Aveo

The contact owns a 2008 Chevrolet Aveo. While driving 25 mph, the air bag warning indicator illuminated. The failure occurred intermittently. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The approximate failure mileage was 114,000.

- Brooklyn, NY, USA

Mar 082008

Aveo

I have been involved in 2 wrecks, and my airbag has not gone off either time. Secondly my headlights burned out the wire melts gets hot and my lights just turn off while I'm driving.

- La Marque, TX, USA

Jan 012008

Aveo

The contact owns a 2008 Chevrolet Aveo. The contact stated that the front passenger seat failed to detect an occupant in the passenger seat. The contact mentioned that it failed to recognize a 95 lb front passenger seated in the seat. The vehicle was taken to a dealer who stated that the seat was up to normal specification. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The failure mileage was 100.

- Crescent City , CA, USA

Apr 022015

Aveo 4-cyl

Air bag light burns continuously and failed state inspection.

- Hurt, VA, USA

Feb 182015

Aveo

The contact owns a 2008 Chevrolet Aveo. While driving at an unknown speed, the driver sneezed and, as a result, the driver crashed into the rear of another vehicle. The air bags failed to deploy. A police report was filed and there were no injuries reported. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 5,000. The VIN was not available.

- St Petersburg, FL, USA

Feb 182015

Aveo

The contact owns a 2008 Chevrolet Aveo. While driving approximately 35 mph, the contact's vehicle crashed into the rear of another vehicle. The air bags failed to deploy. The contact sustained minor injuries, which did not require medical attention. The driver in the other vehicle was uninjured. A police report was filed. The contact drove the vehicle to her residence. The manufacturer was not made aware of the failure. The failure mileage was 90,000.

- St Petersburg, FL, USA

Feb 032015

Aveo 4-cyl

My air bag light goes on and off and happens at any time, now my tire light is on and I had the sensors checked and everything is fine. What is the solution?

- Byron , NY, USA

Oct 232014

Aveo 4-cyl

I own a 2008 Chevy Aveo, it has 29,000 miles which was purchased in New Jersey. The vehicle was shipped to egypt, and have been experiencing the following problems: 1. air bag light in always on 2. cruise control is not working 3. clock light is off and on intermittently I took the vehicle to an authorized dealer in hurghada, egypt. They were unable to service the vehicle. I have no incident.

- Linden, NJ, USA

Sep 012014

Aveo 4-cyl

Passenger side sensor does not register passenger. I hit a deer and no air bag deployment.

- Kokomo, IN, USA

Jul 152014

Aveo 4-cyl

The air bag indicator light came on and has stayed on constantly. According to the owner's manual, this could indicate a problem with the airbag not deploying when it should, or possibly deploying when not needed. This seems to be an occurring problems on several makes and models I have seen on the news, all with recalls issued, and yet, Chevy and GM have not issued a recall for this. Several other complaints have been reported about this issue. This is clearly a safety issue that needs to be addressed on my vehicle, as well as others. What will it take before Chevy and GM decide to recall and fix this problem with the airbags, as this appears to be a very serious, and potentially harmful, if not fatal, potential problem.

- Plano, TX, USA