2011 Chevrolet Camaro electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2011 Chevrolet Camaro:

2011 Chevrolet Camaro Owner Comments

Dec 022014

Passenger seat airbag sensor chimes and says service airbag, and is off when someone sits in it or weight of some kind is put on the seat

- Goshen, OH, USA

Aug 152014

Camaro 8-cyl

I want to inform you the vehicle dealership blew me off when it came to getting my vehicle recall completed. The following is what I went through with garber automall, 3340 highway 17, green cove springs, Florida to get them to process my vehicle recall. As the consumer I was stuck between the manufacturer of the vehicle and the vehicle dealership. August 2014, I received a recall letter on my 2011 Chevrolet Camaro's ignition key, recall number 14294. At that time, I telephoned garber automall to make an appointment to get the recall completed. They told me the recall was "optional? and I did not have to get it done, if I did not want to. I re-read the recall letter from Chevrolet and did not find the word ?optional? mentioned. On 28 October 2014, I wrote Chevrolet, attn: Jim moloney, general director, customer & relationship services, post office box 909989, milwaukee, wi, who I received the recall letter from and told him the dealership is telling me the recall is ?optional.? I did not receive an answer from jim moloney. Then I started receiving post cards from recall information processing center, post office box 909989, milwaukee, wi, stating their records showed I had not completed the recall service on my vehicle. True because the vehicle dealership told me the recall was ?optional.? on 15 Jan 2015, I took my vehicle in for 15,000 mile maintenance. Again, I mentioned my recall and was told it was ?optional.? I told the dealership I wanted it done because my recall paperwork says nothing about ?optional." On 2 Feb 2015, I finally got the recall completed. Since going through this frustration with my first vehicle recall, I can fully understand why consumers ignore vehicle recalls. I was ready to pack it up and purchase myself a horse and buggy.

- Middleburg, FL, USA

Jun 162014

The contact owns a 2011 Chevrolet Camaro. While driving at 75 mph, the vehicle stalled, the signal lights flashed, and the radio and speedometer failed. Additionally, the steering wheel veered to the right independently and the vehicle jerked violently. The vehicle was able to restart and resume normal operation. The failure recurred on numerous occasions. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 18,000.

- Scarmento, CA, USA

Dec 012014

2011 Chevrolet Camaro consumer is not satisfied with recall repairs the consumer stated she thought the issue was the ignition. However, when the vehicle was returned to her, she noticed the key fobs were broken and an additional key was added, which was very annoying and hanging on her knee. The consumer stated the remedy was a cheap fix.

- Indianapolis, IN, USA

Oct 012014

Camaro 8-cyl

Passenger air bag light and alarm sounding. Passenger seat air bag sensor went bad. When a passenger sits in the seat the senor light and alarm go off and indicate that the passenger air bag has been turned off. The senor and alarm continue to go off and on while driving, turning the air bag off and on throughout the time the passenger is in the seat.

- Albuquerque, NM, USA

Oct 012014

Camaro 6-cyl

Brought my Camaro to dealership for recall 14294, ignition key problem. The solution of removing the blade from the "flip" key and adding a separate key creates a worse problem. One, it weighs more defeating the recall concern and two hangs lower increasing the probability of hitting your knee, again defeating the reason for the recall and adding a potential medical concern. And we would be receiving an inferior design to what I bought. I told them to change it back because of the above flaws. Since they still sell the cars with the "flip" key, why cant they just replace the keys complete and not just band aid the problem. I broke the blade of the "flip" key on my 2011 equinox and couldn't just replace the blade....a new key had to be ordered and both keys reprogrammed at the cost of $140. Bottom line is they should replace defective material with something equal or better. As consumers we should not be penalized for their design mistake....especially twice!

- Dandridge, TN, USA

Sep 112014

Camaro 8-cyl

The contact owns a 2011 Chevrolet Camaro. The contact received a recall notice for NHTSA campaign number: 14V346000 (electrical system). The contact stated that the manufacturer's remedy suggestion was insufficient. The contact did not agree with the recommended adjusting of the driver seat and the addition of a heavy key fob. The weight of the key fob placed on the right knee might cause medical concerns. The contact communicated to the dealer the concern of the recall remedy suggestion and will not have the vehicle repaired per the recall notification. The manufacturer was notified. The contact had not experienced a failure. Updated 10/23/14

- Roanoke, VA, USA

Aug 052014

Camaro 8-cyl

GM safety recall 14294, we had no issues with the ignition key prior to the recall. We took our Camaro to the GM dealership, had the recall taken care of. Upon driving the Camaro after the ignition key was changed due to the recall, it is now more of a safety hazard with the key actually dangling down on our knee/legs while driving. We would appreciate the opportunity to get the previous ignition key refigured as it was when we purchased the Camaro as we had no problems/issues with it prior to following the recall instructions of taking our Camaro to the dealer.

- Salina, KS, USA

Sep 022014

The contact owns a 2011 Chevrolet Camaro. The contact received notification for NHTSA campaign number: 14V346000 (electrical system) and stated that the part was unavailable to service the vehicle under the recall. The dealer was uncertain of when the part would become available. The manufacturer was not notified of the issue. The contact did not experience a failure.

- Stacey, MN, USA

Aug 292014

The contact owns a 2011 Chevrolet Camaro. The contact received a recall notification for NHTSA campaign number: 14V346000 (electrical system); however, the parts needed for the repair were not available. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time to perform the recall repair. The dealer was not notified and the manufacturer was notified of the delay. The vehicle was not repaired. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- Lombard, IL, USA

Jun 232014

I got in, I started my car at 5:30am, all ways normal. I put it in reverse got out of my driveway, then put it in drive and the car started shaking. I pressed the gas a little and I seamed like the car wanted to turn off and the gear gauge was going up and down and still shaking. I stopped put it in park, turned off the car, waited for a few minutes, then turned the car back on, the car was still shaking, then the check engine light came on. I had to drive to work. It was about 18 minutes away, the whole way there the car was still shaking, check engine light was still on, and it felt like the car didn't have any muscle to it and wanted to die while driving.

- Arlington, TX, USA

May 052011

While driving my 2011 Camaro rs the engine warning light came on then the power train disengaged momentarily all warning lights and ESC failed. The auto transmission would not shift out of 2nd or 3rd gear and the steering became unstable. Warning bells and door locks went off. This car is unsafe to drive and has been returned to the dealer. Despite three times to repair the ESC, the car continues to fail.

- Redondo Beach, CA, USA

Mar 262010

1.convertible in the shop over 45 days. 2.cables from top showing on driver and passenger side above windows. 3.cable prohibits opening passenger door/makes opening driver door tough. 4.exhaust rattles incessantly. 5. had 2 broken bows on top at 1st. 6. original top had a hole in it. 7. new top and 2 bows replaced. New top had wear marks in various places " when we got it back, and getting more thread bare each day. Marks were on it the day we got it back. 8. other convertible owners state their wear went through all the way to the rivets. Other owners calling us from different parts of us to compare notes, same issues, same results with GM. Concerned top may fly off. 9. rubber parts from top falling off/will not stay on. 10. cannot put tonneau cover on or keep it on over 50 mph. It flies off & hits cars behind us.11. Windshield cracked when top closed w motor drive. 12. wind noise in it was less than our past new Camaros. Now noise level with the top up is noisy enough to have to yell when on speakerphone. At 1st, it was very quiet. 13. large gaps on the side of the top where it meets the body when it is up " you could place your arm into the holes. Dealer fixed 2 times. 14. spent over 2.5G lettering the car for our business, decal-deleted, detail company waxing, tinted windshield and windows. GM corporate says they will place us in a new hard top Camaro, but will not pay ttl, re-waxing, re-lettering car, decal deleting or tinting. Ok law states that ttl is indeed covered. 15. this is not a dealer issue, this is a GM issue. 16. dealers cannot fix the top in a manner that GM has not put a service bulletin out on. We do not want to bring it back in until they have said bulletin. 17. we do not feel as though long GM fans should be out thousands of dollars for re-lettering, customization and ttl for getting a vehicle that they still claim that they do not know how to fix.

- Tulsa, OK, USA

Jun 182011

Camaro 8-cyl

Chevy Camaro convertible top does not work when the button is pushed. Something in the computer disables the top and does not allow it to close from an open postition, there is a eletrical switching sound that comes from the rear of the car and sometimes smells like an electrical fire.

- Honolulu, HI, USA