2011 Chevrolet Camaro miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2011 Chevrolet Camaro:

2011 Chevrolet Camaro Owner Comments

May 072015

I was told last year that I had a bad transmission due to water damage to my vehicle and that they would not cover the repair because they said that I drove it through water which was not true so, I had to pay a $250ded out of pocket, and $3856.97 was paid by my insurance company. Not even 2 months later the same problem. The car will drive and then it will stop on you and not change into gear. The car has been in the shop about 8 times for the same problem and they can't seem to tell me what the problem is. Who can I contact to help me with this issue since the manufacturer cant tell what's wrong with their own product.

- Forney, TX, USA

Oct 132015

Air bag sensor is always coming on and dings every few minutes....whether or not there is someone in the passenger seat or not, whether its in drive or in park, when it goes off, I turn the switch to disregard the notification and it comes on every few minutes....also, the evaporator core kit needs replaced, which is about $2000 and 20 hours of labor due to having to remove windsheild. Heater and defrost work fine but ac will not cool, smells funny inside the car and makes noise when you try to turn on A/C. thankfully its fall.. no recalls but found lots of complaints on the A/C and 2011 Chevrolet Camaros. The A/C started slowly getting less and less cool each day then the last day before it quit, the driver side wouldnt cool at all but the passenger side would. Put in refrigerant and it cooled for a couple more days then just quit cooling. 75,000 miles, had it 5 years 1 month, no warranty. Dont want to pay that much to cool my car, will not purchase another Camaro! not happy.

- Lubbock, TX, USA

Sep 042015

Left work to grab dinner with a coworker who rode in the passenger front seat. After going into pick up our dinner my coworker noticed fluid on my passenger side front floor mat. I drove back to work and checked the fluid on the mat and it was coolant (dexcool). Drove home and checked the mat again and there was more fluid. I used a mirror and flashlight to look under the dash inboard of the glove box and with the heat on and fan running found fluid leaking from the plastic pan under the heater core.

- Virginia Beach, VA, USA

Jun 242015

Heater core went out in my car with 12167 miles. The car is stored in the garage every winter and not driven. I called customer care for Chevrolet and did not get any where. With the mileage being so low I'm concern the part is faulty or put in my car wrong. Please help me this is not right.

- New Boston, MI, USA

Apr 152011

Transmission grinds on first to second gear shift. Wont go in gear

- Brownsburg, IN, USA