1. fixed leaks and added freon (1 reports)
1996 Chevrolet Cavalier AC / heater problems

AC / heater problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 1996 Chevrolet Cavalier:

1996 Chevrolet Cavalier Owner Comments

Aug 012000

Cavalier 4 cyl

I do not love FRESH AIR especially in August when it's quite moist! The air on this car has now crapped out on me each summer until 2006 when I treated myself to a new summer car. Now I've given up on fixing this each year and only drive it in the winter when I can at least dress warmer if the heater decides to follow the A/C. I've put more money in to this system than the car is worth and am only keeping it to punish my first born once she drives. These Cavaliers are the cockroach of cars and refuse to die (mechanically) and easy to fix so we keep letting it live in our driveway.

- , Canton, OH, USA

Jun 122005

Cavalier

IM 72 AND READY TO BLOW MY BISQUIT AFTER TAKING IT BACK TO THE SHOP 6 TIMES. IT WILL WORK ONE OR TWO DAYS AND THEN NO COLD AIR

- , Ventnor, NJ, USA