9.0

1. replace head (2 reports)
1997 Chevrolet Cavalier engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 1997 Chevrolet Cavalier:

1997 Chevrolet Cavalier Owner Comments

Mar 012006

Cavalier 2.2L

Being female I feel I got screwed on this one. I got an beater that was filthy and smelled terrible while the Chevy dealer took a week to fix it. I guess they did not realize I am already a Ford girl! I will not be purchasing another Chevrolet when my car dies. This one just happened to be all I could afford when my last car died.

- , Jefferson City, MO, USA

Sep 062001

Cavalier

In April of 2000, when the car was only 4 years old, the timing chain broke for the first time, when it did it cracked the head causing the repairs to be over $600.

- , Noblesville, IN, USA