7.5

1998 Chevrolet Cavalier electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 1998 Chevrolet Cavalier:

1998 Chevrolet Cavalier Owner Comments

Apr 012007

Cavalier LS 2.4L

Bought a 98 Cavalier for my first car and had nothing but problems with it. For the first few months everything seemed fine, but shortly after the right side of my car lost all electrical power. A light bulb would blow every week or so. I brought it to a few mechanics and they said it could take days for them to figure it out. Along with the other albums I had with the car, I luckily sold it.

- , Barnegat, NJ, USA

Dec 302009

Cavalier 2.2L 4

My cavalier will not stay started in the Mornings when it is cold. The instrument cluster doesn't work properly, the only lite that comes on is the check engine light. If I wait until the afternoon when it warms up then the car will start. Sometimes leaving the key in the on position for a few minutes, up to 10, will bring the rest of the instrument panel up and if the theft light isn't flashing at that point then the car will start and stay started. If the Theft light is flashing than I have to wait another 5 to 10 minutes before the car will start and stay started. WHAT A PAIN IN THE @#$%!!! If anyone has seen this problem before and found a solution please let me know.

- , Surprise, AZ, USA

Jul 152004

Cavalier

unsure why my dash lights are dim or off

- , Lexington, IN, USA

Jan 152005

Cavalier Z24

Some days it'll be fine and the next the back of my gauge doesn't light up at night so i can barely see. Also the rpm's stick when im shifting. It's definatly a pain in the ass seeing whether or not it'll work that day.

- , St. Catharines, Ontario, Canada