1998 Chevrolet Cavalier fuel system problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 1998 Chevrolet Cavalier:

1998 Chevrolet Cavalier Owner Comments

Nov 112013

The engine started having problems where it didn't want to move and the gas pump kept messing up and the gas needle doesn, T show correct it will say you have a half a tank when you really have a quarter tank, and the throttle sensor is messed up I was on I-4 which is a major highway in orlando in the middle of traffic the was on but loss power and stalled out.

- Casselberry, FL, USA

Jun 012009

I have a Z24 and my car stalls out and turns off while driving I have contacted a Chevy dealer who stated that the Cavalier's do, but my type of vehicle(Z24) isn't affected. Explained it is and they should see about this. And I would have to pay to get this fixed. Also, when researching this information on the internet I have found many other customers who have had the same problem as I with my type of vehicle. Why would 1 type of car of the same year have the problem and not all of them? it has the same components just designed a little different.

- Mansfield, OH, USA