8.0

1999 Chevrolet Cavalier AC / heater problems

AC / heater problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 1999 Chevrolet Cavalier:

1999 Chevrolet Cavalier Owner Comments

Aug 092010

Cavalier 2.2L I4

Bought the car when I moved here to Tennessee and wanted air-conditioning. When I bought it, the system needed a charge, so I pumped it up with R-134a when I brought it home. It worked for about three days, then stopped. System holds charge, compressor works but the A/C frickin' blows hot.

- , Nashville, TN, USA

Feb 012006

Cavalier 2.2L

The AC in my Cavalier just stopped working, we couldn't recharge it.

- , Parker, CO, USA

Jul 122008

Cavalier 2.2L

Classic Chevrolet Route 38 and S. Lenola Rd Moorestown, NJ 08057

NEVER deal with these people. I purchased (1) 1999 Chevrolet Cavalier at $3500,00 w/ trade in from these people and nothing but problems.

On the day I got this car the AC never worked. I asked the sales person, BTW his name is Frank. He said it only needs a recharge, YEAH RIGHT!

They could not do it, it was Saturday and no MECH was around.

So, six weeks later I took my car to a local repair shop. I had the AC recharged for $50.00 and it lasted 3 days. I went back an he could not find the leak. No extra charge, and no refund either.

I took this car to a Chevy Dealer. They looked at it, told me I had (2) bad hoses, and charged me $130.00+

The next week I took this car back to have it fixed and it cost me $411.27. My AC again worked for (3) days then stopped working.

I took the car back a third time, now they tell me that the compressor went bad and to fix it will cost me $878.00 + TAX .

I said NO WAY !!!!

So I have spent at least 591.27 to have this problem fixed and I still have NO AC !

What can I say, I got ripped off by: