2. replace slave cylinder/ or clutch master cylinder (1 reports)
1999 Chevrolet Cavalier clutch problems

clutch problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 1999 Chevrolet Cavalier:

1999 Chevrolet Cavalier Owner Comments

Apr 072009

Cavalier Z22 2.2

I was driving down the road one day knowing i have had this clutch fluid leak for a while. I kept putting fluid in it as it kept running out. My clutch started sticking to the floor so i would lift it back up with my foot and continually do this hoping that it would stiffen up my clutch a bit so it would come back up by its self. And this was working for a while and sometimes the clutch would just fall right to the floor. Now my clutch does not work at all its stuck to the floor and there is nothing there. The clutch is completely disengaged and the clutch fluid is full. It seems like the clutch fluid is not even going where it is supposed to anymore.

Can anyone help me?

Is this a slave cylinder or master cylinder issue that is going to cost me $700 - $1200 or is it a clutch cable like the other common clutch problem i see here?

- , Charlottetown, P.E, Canada

May 182007

Cavalier 2.2L

Ok so my pedal just stuck to the floor like play doe. If your good with cars it will take you about 5 hours to remove the slave cylinder from THE INSIDE OF THE TRANNY (Of Course) and replace. But while you have the tranny out you should just go aheaed and replace the clutch and pressure plate and have flywheel turned. Parts cost me about $160 for the slave, Pressure plate, Clutch. BUT BEWARE I got a bad slave Cylinder and had to tear it all back apart. Now if you have a shop do it. Your looking at about $700 to $1200 depending on shop.

- , Westminster, CO, USA