8.0

1999 Chevrolet Cavalier transmission problems

transmission problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 1999 Chevrolet Cavalier:

1999 Chevrolet Cavalier Owner Comments

Apr 222011

Cavalier RS

I believe that this is the same thing that is wrong with mine. It started in April of this year... It acted like it wanted to stall when I would slow down, brake, or accelerate from a dead stop. We're going to check the ECM wires first, but if it's not that, I'm sure it's the TCC Selunoid. From what I've read, this is a common problem on GM vehicles, Cavaliers especially. The ECM is in a bad location that allows for easy corrosion, and that's what tells the TCC Selunoid to open or close. TCC Sulunoids that stick are also a common problem on GM vehicles, and you guessed it... Cavaliers. I will follow up if this is indeed what is wrong with my car... We're looking it over this afternoon. I'm actually surprised that more people haven't commented on this, as it seems to be a glaring flaw.

- , Mohnton, PA, USA

Jun 082006

Cavalier ES

My car runs like crap when the ets off light comes on. It has stalled on me quite a few times. Had it put on a computer and it says the torque converter is stuck open. Don't know if its an easy fix or if I'm gonna have to had over lots of money to get it fixed!

- , Delmont, PA, USA