2000 Chevrolet Cavalier accessories - exterior problems

accessories - exterior problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2000 Chevrolet Cavalier:

2000 Chevrolet Cavalier Owner Comments

Jun 012009

Every time I open the driver door, it drops down and doesn't fit back into the body frame when I close it unless I lift the door. When I park on a slight slant as at a curb, the door slams shut on your legs as you try to get out. It has been bad for a while and at first I was told it was a hinge pin and I needed to get it fixed, so I did at $95, but these mechanics also told me that it was a defective hinge and that was what was wearing out the pins. I looked on the Web and I find that Chevy hinges have had problems. When I called the Chevy repair person, he wanted $32 just to look at it. If he knows that these hinges are a problem, why not just say, "Bring it in and we will fix it."

- , Oxford, OH, USA