8.0

2000 Chevrolet Cavalier brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2000 Chevrolet Cavalier:

2000 Chevrolet Cavalier Owner Comments

Jun 152015

Cavalier 2.2

I am a chevy lover. But this is the worst used car I have ever owned. IT was so nice and clean in and out , like it came of the assembly line. No pull , noise ,shakes, new tires ect. I am on disability and can not afford much if anything.This my owner history from day one, I have owned it for 7 months. ABS light on, front end shudders when brakes applied over 40 MPH or 60 KMH, When in neautral I pump the brakes then hold , the car nearly stalls. ( is that a vacuum leak ?)

Update from May 27, 2016: Also 2nd month, Transmission gone. A casting flaw on an integral part of the trans housing,( a crack opened) internal. I could not replace the part so I had to have the whole transmission replaced. 2 Weeks later the engine starts stumbleing and black smoke and carbon pours out the exhaust. O2 sencor #1 replaced. 5 weeks later car dies on rd. New fuel pump. 6 weeks after that, the day time lights go out and service light on.

Well nearly new car for sale. Only 155,000.00 km