2001 Chevrolet Cavalier accessories - exterior problems

accessories - exterior problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2001 Chevrolet Cavalier:

2001 Chevrolet Cavalier Owner Comments

Oct 152004

Cavalier 4-cyl

About a year ago I had to have my passenger back door latch replaced because the door would not stay closed, that cost me about $200. This year my driver back passenger door will not open, and my front passenger door is starting to do the same thing, the handle gets harder to open when this is going to happen. I have two children and this concerns me for safety reasons. I have reported this to GM and they are not going to do anything about this issue as my car is no longer under warranty. My sister also owns a 2001 Cavalier and her doors have done the same thing. Could you please help me in this situation, I know my car is not brand new, but is it not old either and having doors that do not work properly is a safety issue not to mention costly to have repaired.

- Bethlehem, NH, USA