2001 Chevrolet Cavalier cooling system problems

cooling system problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2001 Chevrolet Cavalier:

2001 Chevrolet Cavalier Owner Comments

Jun 302005

Cavalier 2.2L

I'm sure about dates, all I know is one day when I had the car stopped (idling at a stop sign, fixing the radio, notice how i'm still stopped!), I suddenly smelled smoke or something, when I looked the light was about half a MM away from 125 degrees.... (as far as the hand can go!!), since then I haven't heard the cooling fan cut in since!, it's *&#$ing annoying... I've taken it to several mechanics and nobody can figure it out... the sensor it ok, relay switch is good, when you take the wires and put them on something the fan goes around.... so the fan WORKS, the sensor and relay are good... what the eff is going on here ... anybody have the same problem?

- , N/a, N. L, Canada