1. replace fuel pump (1 reports)
2001 Chevrolet Cavalier fuel system problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2001 Chevrolet Cavalier:

2001 Chevrolet Cavalier Owner Comments

Jun 062008

Cavalier 2.2L Ecotec

I have a 2003 Chevy Cavalier base model, manual transmission. I left for a trip, and the car was running perfectly, just finished the 100k tune-up on it, replaced plugs, boots, and fuel filter. My wife was driving the car to work, and it stalled on her and wouldn't start. I checked EVERYTHING!! when I got back, couldn't find anything wrong, just wouldn't start. Went on to the internet and found many blogs about bad fuel pumps. I went under the car, tapped on the tank, and the car started right up. Major inconvenience due to the tow charges $80 for half a mile, and the replacement part $300. I found many many complaints about these, and yet still no recall on them. I guess I got lucky by getting 102k on it when most of them seem to go around 60k.

- , Lewisburg, TN, USA