2002 Chevrolet Cavalier body / paint problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2002 Chevrolet Cavalier:

2002 Chevrolet Cavalier Owner Comments

Oct 172013

Cavalier 4-cyl

My 2002 Chevy Cavalier was in for front brakes....mechanic phoned and told me that my car's subframe was cracked. Mechanic told me that it was common with this model car. Called GM and they told me that because of the age of the car (2002) and mileage (64,500) that there was nothing that they could do. I told GM that my mechanic said that this is a common problem with this particular car. Still they told me nothing could be done. I called Consumer Affairs and they told me to contact the attorney general's office which I did. I was told that the only way I could make other folks aware of this problem was to contact NHTSA. I believe this to be a safety hazard for other folks that have this type of car. I would not have known if not for the replacement of my brakes.

- Athol, MA, USA

Feb 022002

While driving ABS light illuminated, causing vehicle to stall out and die. After inspection of vehicle, dealer determined that spaces behind firewall were omitted during manfacturing. Please provide additional information.

- Palmenton, PA, USA

Feb 052002

While driving ABS light illuminated, causing vehicle to stop. After inspectiing vehicle, deaelr determined that space behind the firewall was omitted during manufacturing.

- Palmerton, PA, USA