2002 Chevrolet Cavalier seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2002 Chevrolet Cavalier:

2002 Chevrolet Cavalier Owner Comments

Apr 262009

I own a 2002 Chevrolet Cavalier. I recently found out that the car was not made with the latch system specifically the lower anchors in the folds of the seat, so I can install a car seat. The car also does not come with the child locking mechanism in the 3 point lap and shoulder belt. At this point I am unable to use my vehicle to Transport my 2 children who require car seats as there is no way to safely install the car seat. I called the Chevy dealership who was unable to find this part (lower anchor or seatbelts with child locking mechanism). I called GM and they are unable to supply the parts and I have called aftermarket parts stores who are unable to find parts. A search of the internet I found other people with the same problem, but no solution. I feel this is very dangerous. I am the original owner of the car and I was never made aware of this problem.

- Waco, TX, USA

Feb 022009

The contact owns a 2002 Chevrolet Cavalier. The contact stated that the seat belt would not unlatch and pull over his shoulder. The failure occurs intermittently. The dealer has not yet been notified. The failure and current mileages were 65,000.updated 03/10/09. Updated 03/11/09.

- Cahokia, IL, USA