- April 18: Cars Without Airbags Receive 'Zero' Stars in Safety Tests news | 14 days ago
- April 16: GM Recalls 1 Million Chevy and GMC Trucks recalls | 16 days ago
- April 11: GM Up 3 to 1 in New York Ignition Switch Trials news | 21 days ago
- March 29: Call the Cops! Chevrolet Caprice Police Cars Recalled recalls | 34 days ago
- March 26: GM Recalls Chevy Malibu To Replace Side Airbag Modules recalls | 37 days ago
Clutch Line Rubbed Out
CarComplaints.com Notes: Widespread instrument panel failure is a common and frustrating reality for many 2004-2005 Chevy Cavalier owners. They're often left in the dark when it comes to knowing how fast they're going, what their engine temperature is, or even how much fuel they have left in the tank.
The likely culprit is a series of bad "stepper motors" which control the gauges and are no longer covered under warranty. Think not being able to see your speed is a safety issue and should be recalled for all owners? We'd agree. Trouble is, apparently the NHTSA does not.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 76,600 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 5 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- issue recall or bulletin (3 reports)
- not sure (2 reports)