- August 17: Chevrolet Malibu Hybrid Recalled Due To Stalling recalls | 9 days ago
- July 29: GM Recalls Chevrolet Cruze Over Missing Headlight Codes recalls | 28 days ago
- July 24: GM Recalls Buick, Chevy and GMC Vehicles For Rollaway Risk recalls | 33 days ago
- July 21: GM Recalls 308,000 Chevy Impalas in the U.S. and Canada recalls | 36 days ago
- July 18: Chevy Cruze Diesel Emissions Lawsuit Says Cars Are Illegal news | 39 days ago
Clutch Line Rubbed Out
CarComplaints.com Notes: Widespread instrument panel failure is a common and frustrating reality for many 2004-2005 Chevy Cavalier owners. They're often left in the dark when it comes to knowing how fast they're going, what their engine temperature is, or even how much fuel they have left in the tank.
The likely culprit is a series of bad "stepper motors" which control the gauges and are no longer covered under warranty. Think not being able to see your speed is a safety issue and should be recalled for all owners? We'd agree. Trouble is, apparently the NHTSA does not.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 76,600 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 5 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- issue recall or bulletin (3 reports)
- not sure (2 reports)