- February 10: GM Recalls 426,000 Trucks and SUVs For Loose Brake Pedals recalls | 1 days ago
- February 9: Chevy Cruze Lawsuit Says Steering Wheels Lock news | 2 days ago
- January 7: 2015 Chevy Corvette Lawsuit Says Car is Defective news | 35 days ago
- January 5: General Motors Recalls SUVs Due To Rowdy Robotic Welder recalls | 37 days ago
- December 29: GM Recalls Chevy Colorado and GMC Canyon Trucks recalls | 44 days ago
2004 Chevrolet Cavalier
CarComplaints.com Notes: Widespread instrument panel failure is a common and frustrating reality for many 2004-2005 Chevy Cavalier owners. They're often left in the dark when it comes to knowing how fast they're going, what their engine temperature is, or even how much fuel they have left in the tank.
The likely culprit is a series of bad "stepper motors" which control the gauges and are no longer covered under warranty. Think not being able to see your speed is a safety issue and should be recalled for all owners? We'd agree. Trouble is, apparently the NHTSA does not.
Worst 2004 Cavalier transmission Problems
Stay Up to Date
Compare Chevrolet Cavalier Model Years
Curious how the 2004 Cavalier compares to other years?
Check out our Chevrolet Cavalier overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Cavalier.