- February 8: General Motors Recalls Chevrolet Cruze Cars to Fix Seats recalls | 19 days ago
- February 5: GM Recalls 2017 Chevrolet Suburban HD Vehicles recalls | 22 days ago
- December 20: General Motors Recalls 2017 Chevy Malibu Cars recalls | 69 days ago
- December 15: GM 5.3L Oil Consumption Lawsuit Filed in Minnesota news | 74 days ago
- December 14: Chevy Sonic Gas Mileage Lawsuit Says MPG is Wrong news | 75 days ago
Window Motor Failure
2004 Chevrolet Cavalier (Page 2 of 2)
This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Chevrolet dealer.
CarComplaints.com Notes: Widespread instrument panel failure is a common and frustrating reality for many 2004-2005 Chevy Cavalier owners. They're often left in the dark when it comes to knowing how fast they're going, what their engine temperature is, or even how much fuel they have left in the tank.
The likely culprit is a series of bad "stepper motors" which control the gauges and are no longer covered under warranty. Think not being able to see your speed is a safety issue and should be recalled for all owners? We'd agree. Trouble is, apparently the NHTSA does not.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 64,302 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 31 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- replace power window motor (19 reports)
- not sure (11 reports)
- replaced switch for window buttons in center console (1 reports)
windows / windshield problem