4.3

2005 Chevrolet Cavalier body / paint problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2005 Chevrolet Cavalier:

2005 Chevrolet Cavalier Owner Comments

Jun 152015

Cavalier

The contact owns a 2005 Chevrolet Cavalier. The contact stated that the dashboard was disintegrating. The vehicle was not diagnosed nor repaired. The manufacturer was not notified. The failure mileage was 80,000.updated 10/13/16

- Montgomery, AL, USA

Oct 012015

Cavalier

On October 1st 2015 we were stopped for road construction on the highway. At that time we were rear ended by a hit and run driver. Impact was on the bumper, passenger side. On impact the passenger seat broke and slammed me forward then back into a reclining position. I was taken to hospital by ambulance.I was in pt for 6 weeks. Also airbag did not deploy.

- Post Falls, ID, USA

Aug 152011

Cavalier 4-cyl

I have two problems that may be safety related. One more so than the other. The instruments, none of them work, but most important is the speedometer. It started hanging up, then finally hung all the way at 120 mph. I have to use a gps to make sure of my speed. GM is replacing other vehicles clusters for the same issue, but I have an idea they're skipping the Cavalier for the other reason of my complaint. The dashboard is literally falling apart. I don't know when it may try to fall on my lap, its cracked up so bad and rattles terribly. It seems like it could bust all to pieces in a collision. I can't even touch the cluster bezel without it cracking. It scares me. Could you at least investigate this and let me know what you find? thank you!

- Newellton, LA, USA